Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Book Worm

One of the things I love to do is read. It is relaxing, challenging and just fun. When I came across the opportunity to read books as a book reviewer for the Christian Fiction Book Alliance, I jumped at it. Each month they send me a list of about 8-9 books that they will offering. I read the summaries and let them know which books I will be willing to read and review.

Shortly after I began as a reviewer, the Editor of the CFBA magazine announced that they were going to be reviewing the reviewers and picking one each month to appear in their magazine.

Imagine my surprise when I received the following notification yesterday:

After many hours of reading tour posts, the Editor has chosen the following review as the best of the best for the September issue of CFOM.
Michelle will not be posting a finalist list or commenting on individual posts because it is too time consuming! The competition was stiff because once again, there were many great reviews for her to choose from and CFBA blog tour members are fantastic at writing reviews.
So without further adieu, the winning blog, for the CFBA Blog Tour Spotlight, featuring a review of Up Pops The Devil by Angela Benson is:
Deanna's Corner
We award her this badge to place on her blog in recognition of this award.
To read her review of Up Pops The Devil, Click Here.
Thanks to all of you who take time to look at the book reviews.    There are some really great books that they send me!    

21 comments:

Wyatt Earp said...

You rock! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

great job, book worm! LOL
...and thanks for the reviews!
-dr. wifey

Anonymous said...

great job, book worm! LOL
...and thanks for the reviews!
-dr. wifey

Anonymous said...

great job, book worm! LOL
...and thanks for the reviews!
-dr. wifey

Anonymous said...

ok, sorry that published 3x...i am having so many problems with your blog comments!

i'm black betty said...

you go! i wish i had more time to read... :( but i do enjoy the diva's nighttime reads. LOL!!!

Deanna said...

Wyatt - Thanks!

Wifey - I feel 3x thanked. Are you using Firefox? Sometimes my blog doesn't like Firefox.

Betty - Those nighttime reads are just classics! That is how I got hooked on reading.

Sara said...

Congrats!

From the Doghouse said...

SWEEET!!!

And it sounds like a great deal too! Free books!

K Storm said...

Oh how cool!

Sandi said...

Deanna, that's awesome!! Congratulations to you!!

Annie Oeth said...

Congrats! That is wonderful!

Taylor & Krisa said...

Awesome! Congrats!

Deanna said...

Sara - Thanks!

Doghouse - The free books are my hubs' favorite part.

K - I couldn't belive it.

Sandi - Thanks!

Annie - Hey! Welcome to my blog!

Krisa - Thanks, sis!

Veggie Mom said...

Congrats to you, Madame Book Reviewer! Ya know, you're a really good writer! Hey, thanks so much for coming by yesterday and participating in my SITS Featured Blogger Day in the Sun! It's so nice to see a Familiar Face in the torrent of all that Comment Love! Thanks for the support!!

Willow said...

From one bookworm to another, congratulations! And free books? Nothing wrong there! ;-)

gingela5 said...

Wow wow wow! Congrats! That's a great honor!

Deanna said...

Veggie - All that comment love must have been so much fun!

Willow - Free books is a great bonus.

Gingela - I am still kind of in shock.

fmll said...

Congrats!! I adore reading as well, I just seem to get less time for it. I might have to pop down to the library early Saturday morning.

Crystal said...

Wow Deanna! Congratulations!

Carrie said...

CON-GRA-CHA-MA-LA-SHUNS!!