Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sweetwater Gap


In Review: As crazy as this may sound, every year of my life has had a "theme". I won't bore you to go into what those themes are, but I can very much look back over my life and find a Scripture and lesson that God has been teaching me each year.

Even though it is the second week of January, I am beginning to feel very clear about what God is going to try to teach me this year. Every book that I have read so far has a similar theme.

Maybe it is just what my heart is seeing in these books or maybe it is God whispering to me, but whatever it is, it has made these books mean more to me than they usually would.

Sweetwater Gap is about a young woman, Josephine, who is asked to come home to help with her family business when her sister can't handle things at the end of her pregnancy with twins. Josephine hasn't been home since she ran away. Not even when her father had his stroke and died.

Coming home means dealing with never being good enough for her father, a tragic episode in her past as well as a health issue which she is trying to hide from her family. In the midst of all of this is Grady. Someone who keeps connecting with her heart, her love of the orchard and messing with her plan to stay disconnected.


If you would like to read the first chapter of Sweetwater Gap, go HERE

2 comments:

Melissa B. said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll read it. Always looking for a good page-turner!

Amy W said...

Sounds like a really good book, Deanna! I'm not sure I have a theme for every year in my life, but it seems like in 2009 I'm supposed to learn how to fall in love with Jesus. Not just with my head, but with my whole heart. Blessings to you!