Saturday, July 18, 2009

Through the Fire

(Is this not a GREAT book cover? One of the best I have seen in a while!!)

Book Review: I received an email several months ago from Shawn Grady asking that I consider reading his debut novel which would appear on my review list. I appreciated his kind and considerate email, but his book description had already piqued my interest. I have many friends who are firefighter and firefighter wives so I knew that I would want to read Mr. Grady's book.

My friends would tell you that their greatest fears as a firefighter are dealing with an arsonist and fighting a fire with children involved. You can tell Mr. Grady is a firefighter himself because "Through The Fire" grips you from the very beginning with both of these scenarios.

This is an unbelievably good debut novel. Mr. Grady wrote something that was not only easy to ready but something I wanted to finish reading. I hope to see Mr. Grady expand the relationships between his characters which will allow readers to feel more of the tension that is truly underlying. Keep writing, Mr. Grady! You definitely have the gift!!

Great Gift! Buy a copy of this and deliver it to your local fire station! What a way to witness! Go ahead and buy some copies for sons-in-law, uncles, etc... it is never too early to buy stocking stuffers.

Book Description: Firefighting burns in Aidan O'Neill's blood. The son of a fireman, O'Neill has a sixth sense about fire and often takes dangerous risks. When one act of disobedience nearly gets a rookie killed, O'Neill is suspended. His weeks off are supposed to be a time to reflect but instead he escapes to Mexico, where another rash act of bravery actually kills him. But only for a few minutes.

Called back to Reno, he's now haunted by visions of hell and paralyzed in the face of fire. And at the worst time, because an arsonist is targeting Reno. With a growing love interest with one of the investigators complicating everything, Aidan must discover where his trust rests as the fires creep ever closer.

If you would like to read the first chapter of Through The Fire, go HERE

No comments: