Sunday, August 16, 2009

Night Watchman


Book Description

When everything is ripped away...

Eleven months ago, Ray Quinn was a tough, quick-witted Orlando homicide detective at the top of his game-until a barrage of bullets ended his career.and his partner's life.

Now medically retired with a painful handicap, Ray battles the haunting guilt for his partner's death. Numbing the pain with alcohol and attitude, Ray takes a job as a night watchman at a swanky Orlando condo community.

But when a pastor and an exotic dancer are found dead in one of the condos in an apparent murder-suicide, Ray can no longer linger in the shadows. The victim’s sister is convinced her brother was framed and begs Ray to take on an impossible case─to challenge the evidence and clear her brother’s name.

Ray reluctantly pulls the thread of this supposedly dead-end case only to unravel a murder investigation so deep that it threatens to turn the Orlando political landscape upside down and transform old friends into new enemies. As Ray chases down leads and interrogates suspects, someone is watching his every move, someone determined to keep him from ever finding out the truth─at any cost.

If you would like to read the first chapter of Night Watchman, go HERE

Book Review

I had no idea this book was in my pile of "to be read" books until I was going through my basket looking for my next book to read.   It must have arrived while I was on vacation.    I try to tag my books with post-its so I will know when they are due.    SO... I can't give you a final review on this book.    What I can tell you is that when I sat down to read it I was immediately sucked in to the book.       This writer is extremely quick witted.    I found myself laughing out loud when the main character said "Grandma Moses on a pogo stick would be faster than he was".     

Better run... I am headed to go finish this book.    SO great!

No comments: