Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I'm Joining The Crew


The TOS Homeschool invited me to join their crew this year.    The TOS magazine is the leading magazine on all things homeschool.    They started their application process back in January.     They finalized their selection and I am so excited to be able to part of this next year.     The TOS Homeschool Crew is a group of homeschool parents who are selected to review homeschool products.  

We were able to apply in two separate age groups:   the Preschool/Elementary age range (the younger crew) or the Junior/Senior High range (the older crew).      Because Big Guy is going into the 8th grade and Little Guy is working so far ahead of his grade level I applied to review for the older crew.

They have already announced a few vendors who will be sending us free curriculum to review.   I am very excited about receiving and giving it a try.

A Few of The Vendors....
Homeschool Programming, Inc.  -  Teaches programming using C, C+, and Visual Basic.
Professor in a Box - A high school elective course in financial accounting
New Monic Books - Vocabulary cartoon books for SAT prep

There are tons more, but these are a few that caught my eye because they are curriculum items that I have looked at before for my boys.

I have been assigned a First Mate, Debra, and crew mates who we call a mini-crew.     We will work together, support each other and be there to help each other during this next year.     

I'm excited.    I'm a little overwhelmed.    Overall, I'm very blessed that God allowed me this privilege to preview some amazing curriculum for my boys!

5 comments:

Patti Lacy said...

Praise God! You just amaze me everytime I click here!

You go, GIRL!!!

patti

...i'm black betty... said...

that is awesome!! congrats, lady!! you deserve this honor! xoxo

Debra said...

Excited and overwhelmed. Yep. I understand that. Exactly what I felt a year ago.

You're going to do great!

雅馨 said...

世間是非,要如水泥地般水過則乾。..................................................................

Tess said...

Hi Deanna,
I'm excited and overwhelmed too! I am looking forward to getting to know you through our little mimi-crew with Debra at the helm.