Thursday, July 22, 2010

TOS Travel Kits: A Simple Way To Bless Others

Travel Kits: A Simple Way To Bless Others
(The Old Schoolhouse)
$12.45
93 pages of amazing suggestions!

As soon as I know that we are going to be making a trip anywhere, I start collecting items and putting them aside to make the trip more entertaining for the boys.     When we aren't planning for a trip I am looking through clearance sections looking for items that would be good to put away in my travel basket.

After several years of doing this I was ready for some new ideas.      When the TOS sent me Travel Kits to review I was psyched to get some new suggestions.

I was excited to not only find so many suggestions but at prices a mom on a budget can love.     There were suggestions from the dollar store, the library, video store, things you could bake or even make yourself.    

I can't wait to use some of the suggestions I found in this ebook for not only travel fun, but travel containers either.     I have been using the same Rubbermaid container for forever.      Reading this challenged me to think outside the box in a big way.

Do you know what I have been missing all these years of making travel kits?   Making one for me and hubs.   There was an entire section of amazing ideas for making a travel kit for mom and dad.     We get bored and need entertainment on trips too.

I grabbed a box and threw together my first ever travel kit for our trip!     What did I include?    The question box from our new Trivial Pursuit game, a large print hangman book (easy for hubs to look over and help guess words in the car when it is large print), a new book for each of us, Wet Wipes, bottles of water, my husband's favorite travel snack (Mike & Ike's), and anniversary cards for him to open at each stop.    

Can I tell you what a success this was for us?     We had the best time laughing and answering all those Trivial Pursuit questions.        The hangman was a lot of fun for us too.     We both love puzzles and are very competitive with each other.      It made our drive time so entertaining.      Why did I only let my kids have the fun all these years?

Who can you give travel kits to?

* Your own family, even your grown children with families of their own
* Big families, small families, or church family
* College students, neighbors, coaches, or fellow homeschoolers for field trips
* Someone you would like to show appreciation to . . . anyone you would like to bless

I think my favorite line in this book was this:   "The purpose of the travel kit is to bless the family."     Exactly the way I feel too.      Traveling isn't just about the destination.     It is also about the journey.     

If you are ready to make travel kits for your kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews, etc... this book is the perfect place to start.     

Would you like to take a peek at some of this wonderful book?    Click Here

Place your order for this ebook and you can begin making travel kits within one hour!    Order Here

To see other products from this publisher Click Here



Disclaimer:  As part of the TOS Homeschool Review Crew, I did receive this book for free from The Old Schoolhouse Publications.  The fact that I received complimentary products does not guarantee a favorable review.  It does guarantee a review. A fair review. But I am not going to praise something unless I think it deserves the praise.  If I don't like it, you'll hear that.  And hopefully with enough detail as to why so you can decide for yourself if what I hate about it makes it perfect for your family. 


10 comments:

Wyatt Earp said...

That's a terrific idea! And one that will be used by parents hundreds of times.

Debra said...

Great job of describing how you used this. You make me want to get busy making a travel kit for me too! :)

K Storm said...

Cool!!

Tess said...

Deanna, I really enjoyed your review. I agree with your quote about it isn't the destination but the journey. I'm so glad this e-book blessed you!

Buzzard Roost Babe said...

He love the suggestion on the travel kits..

Stacy said...

I stopped by on the blog walk. Enjoyed your review. I really like the pictures at the top of your blog.

Our Village is a Little Different said...

I'm visiting from the TOS crew. I enjoyed this book, too, and I think you did a great review!

Michelle said...

Hi! I'm dropping by for our Blog Walk. You wrote a great review of the Travel Kits.

May you be blessed!

Michelle
www.beyondsilverandgold.blogspot.com

aliveinspirit said...

Loved reading how you used the travel kits on your trip. I also didn't think about including the adults in on the fun of having a travel kit too until I read the e-book.

Elinette said...

Hi there! Stopping by on our blog walk. I think you did a great job at reviewing the Travel Kit. It made me think at all those years my mom who was a teacher received tons of chocolate and other not so great gifts (well, chocolates where great but you follow me, right?). This would have been great for her to receive. She was a single mom with 3 kids and we always did road trips.

Anyways, I enjoyed reading through your blog today. :)