Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Season of Miracles

Looking back on the 1971 Little League season, Zack Ross relives the summer that changed his life…


Gunning for the championship is all that matters until twelve-year-old Zack meets Rafer, a boy whose differences make him an outcast but whose abilities on the baseball field make him the key to victory.


Admired for his contribution to the team, Rafer turns everyone’s expectations upside down, bestowing a gift to Zack and his teammates that forces them to think—is there more to life than winning or losing? And what is this thing called grace?


If you would like to read the first chapter of A Season of Miracles, go HERE.






Book Review

"Why did you pick this book?", I thought when I opened the package from the mailbox and saw a book with a cover depicting a baseball scene.     After reading just one chapter of the book, I almost felt like the book had chosen me.   

Maybe if I knew more about the game of baseball that this book is centered around I could tell you that this is a "home run" or that Rusty Whitener "hits it out of the park".    However, while this book is definitely about a team of boys playing baseball and their hopes of winning the league championship.  More than that it is about how one special little boy brings them together to be a team.      It is a lesson in how letting your light shine.

If I had to pick one book out of all the books I have read to tell you to buy and read, this would be it.   This definitely goes to the top of my "Must Read" list.     

1 comment:

Rusty said...

Thank you so much for posting my book and the trailer on your blog! Your review spoke to the deep places in my heart. Thank you so very much for your encouraging words.

Your fellow bookworm,
Rusty Whitener
www.aseasonofmiraclesbook.com