Thursday, October 28, 2010

TOS Review: Buckets O Fun

Talk about one of the most fun products I have ever been asked to review!    The boys couldn't wait to get their hands on Buckets-O-Fun when it arrived in the mail.     Of course, what boy wouldn't want to play with packages that are labeled, "chunky yuck", "snowy yuck", and "sticky yuck".   

After reading the instructions we realized that these little packets packed a lot of power, but took quite a bit of  time to absorb the water to become the product.    Although the boys were a little disappointed they couldn't have instant gratification, they still enjoyed watching the transformation process and the anticipation of being able to play with the finished product.

Snowy Yuck
Doesn't this look just like snow?   It kind of feels like slushy snow except it isn't cold.   When it is dry it feels like sugar.     I am having a Sunday School class party in a few weeks and I am going to order more of this for part of our games for that night!    You can order snowy yuck in 1 pound ($16), 5 pounds ($70), or 50 ponds ($400). 
 

Chunky Yuck
It looks like rock salt when it is dry.     It feels weird.    You can hide items in this for kids to "hide and seek".    You can order chunky yuck for 1 pounds ($18), 5 pounds ($80), or 50 pounds ($475).





Sticky Yuck
You know this was the favorite, right?    It is slimy and disgusting.     It is everything appealing to boys.    Put this in a balloon and you have hours of fun.     This can be ordered at 1 pound ($20), 5 pounds ($90) or 50 pounds ($600). 


I definitely advise playing with the yuck products outside.   Well, because they are fun and things get messy and slippery.     As the Buckets-O-Fun advised, you do NOT put this stuff down your drains in your home.   You throw it away in a trash can or even put it around your plants in your flower gardens.

Our middle school ministries at church holds an event called Fear Factor every October.     Next year I hope we will definitely be using Sticky Yuck as a part of our event!  


Disclosure: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

1 comment:

Patti Lacy said...

Oh, this is JUST what I needed to read after popping out of the writer's cave!

I should'a just given them some of my early cooking failure batter!!!!!

So fun to read.

You go, girl.
Patti