Monday, November 15, 2010

Long Time Coming

Two women from different worlds find hope together.


Faithful Christian Deidre Clark-Morris is a professional career-minded woman with a loving husband, but no children. Kenisha Smalls has lived in poverty all her life. She has three children by three different men and has just been diagnosed with inoperable cervical cancer.


While the meeting between these two women appears accidental, it becomes their catalyst of hope. Neither woman expects the blessing that God has in store for her. While Deidre will guide Kenisha on the path to eternal life with Jesus Christ, Kenisha will teach Deidre how to stand strong against the hard-knocks of life.


If you would like to read the first chapter of Long Time Coming, go HERE


Watch the book video:





Book Review

I love this book and my husband officially hates it.   He hasn't read it, but he still hates it.   The publishers were having some issues getting the hard copies printed and out to us on time so they offered us this book in ebook form.     I went to the link they provided and downloaded it to an ereader for my computer.     I sat in bed reading.     I have been thinking for quite a while that publishing companies are probably going to start more and more offering their review books in eform because it will save them a lot of money in shipping.     This is why my husband hates this book.    I have now decided I would really love to have a Kindle for Christmas.

Why do I love this book?    "Service is a natural byproduct of salvation."   That was the theme of our Sunday School lesson yesterday and it is a wonderful summary of this book as well.      We meet new people as we are going through our lives each week, but do we really see them is the question.    Deidre Clark-Morris is the principal of a school.    She definitely has a lot on her plate but professionally and personally.    She has a boss who is demeaning and could give her every reason to never do anything for others for fear of losing her job; however, Deidre chooses to do what is right.      She could choose to think she has too much to handle with her own problems of infertility, but she knows that isn't right either.    Basically Deidre faces a lot of the same choices that we each face every day.    

The story was at times raw, gritty and in your face truthful, but that is what makes this such a good book.     I hope to read many more like it in hardcover AND on my (hopefully) new Kindle!   *hint, hint, hubby*

1 comment:

Patti Lacy said...

This TOTALLY sounds like my kinda book and I have wanted to read Vanessa for a LONG TIME.

You provided the oomph I needed.
Thanks, Deanna. LOVE this place.
Blessings,
Patti