Wednesday, December 29, 2010

TOS Review: IEW

The Institute for Excellence in Writing sent me a DVD.    When I read the title I pretty much decided it couldn't have described my boys any better:   "Teaching Boys... Who Would Rather Make Forts All Day".     Given a choice they would so much rather build, explore and play than sit down and write.

I popped the DVD in and for 80 minutes I listened to Mr. Pudewa.    He talked about a lot of things including the basic differences between boys and girls and the way they learn.    

It was refreshing to hear so much of what he said because boys and girls are different so naturally they learn differently.     God created men and women to be different and taking our cues from Him would be a wise place to start.

At $10, this DVD is a great value for anyone looking for how to better teach their children.

Disclaimer:  As part of the The Old Schoolhouse Review, I did receive this book for free from IEW.  The fact that I received complimentary products does not guarantee a favorable review.  It does guarantee a review. A fair review. But I am not going to praise something unless I think it deserves the praise.  If I don't like it, you'll hear that.  And hopefully with enough detail as to why so you can decide for yourself if what I hate about it makes it perfect for your family.

1 comment:

Debra said...

It sounds great! :)