Friday, January 28, 2011

TOS Review: Ten Marks


TenMarks is the only online math program that helps students refresh, learn, and master math concepts - in their own time, at their own pace. Each child receives a personalized curriculum to help them master the concepts quickly.

Here is a great video on how TenMarks works...




TenMarks offers lessons and specialized programs to cover the breadth of the core math skills your child will cover in school.

Grades 3-High School
Over 300 core math skills
Hints and video lessons for every topic
Mapped to state standards

 After you sign up your child and pick what curriculum they want, then you will start receiving weekly emails with their assignments.   

My boys just logged in and completed their assignments.   I was able to log in and see how they were doing -- good or bad.    After they complete their worksheet, they submit it to be graded.    Ten Marks grades it for them (how much did I love that?!?)  and then it is returned to them so they could see their mistakes along with explanations of how to correct their mistakes.

Ten Marks is an amazing program if you are a mom like me where math is not your strong subject.    It gives you step by step help with those math problems for times when you just can't remember how to solve it.    And yes... I am talking about me!  


You can give Ten Marks a test drive for FREE!    After that it is only $10 a month, $49 for six month or $89 for a year.    

Disclaimer:  As part of the TOS Homeschool Review Crew, I did receive this subscription for free from Ten Marks.  The fact that I received complimentary products does not guarantee a favorable review.  It does guarantee a review. A fair review. But I am not going to praise something unless I think it deserves the praise.  If I don't like it, you'll hear that.  And hopefully with enough detail as to why so you can decide for yourself if what I hate about it makes it perfect for your family.  

No comments: