Monday, February 7, 2011

TOS Review: Vocab Ahead


What my sons thought was for fun, I have all of a sudden taken over and downloaded educational material.  (insert evil laugh here)   Just kidding about the evil laugh.    However, I did giggle when I told the boys I wanted to download this DVD of SAT words onto their iPods.      

"Download what?"  they asked.

"Download 1,000 SAT words.   It is for school and will help you on your test."  I answered.

I wish I could say they jumped up and down for joy, but they didn't.       I wish they said, "Oh, mother.   Thank you for helping us achieve our ultimate educational potential."    They didn't.

However, the next time we were in a waiting room I told them to pull out their iPods and call out some of the SAT words to see if I could spell them.    It started a very lively discussion about some of their meanings and we actually had FUN (notice that word).     We had FUN using these SAT vocabulary words.






The cartoons that accompany each word and definition gives these SAT words a very entertaining dimension that both of the boys enjoyed.  

A 1,000 words is a LOT!    You can see the complete list of words by clicking here.  Did you know all 1,000 of those words?    If so, please don't tell me.  

Disclaimer:  As part of the TOS Review Group, I did receive this book for free from VocabAhead.  The fact that I received complimentary products does not guarantee a favorable review.  It does guarantee a review. A fair review. But I am not going to praise something unless I think it deserves the praise.  If I don't like it, you'll hear that.  And hopefully with enough detail as to why so you can decide for yourself if what I hate about it makes it perfect for your family.

1 comment:

The Japanese Redneck said...

They didn't have cool ways to learn when I was in school....