Monday, April 18, 2011

He Said, She Said

He Said, She Said: A Devotional Guide to Cultivating a Life of Passion, or How Newlyweds, Couples and Singles Can Draw Closer to God and Their Mate Through Daily Devotions



Do you sense something vital missing from you relationship with your spouse, children and God? Are you easily distracted by the busyness of life and left feeling drained, bored, and discouraged? Do you sense you were meant to enjoy the richness of life, but spend your days feasting on crumbs? This heart-warming collection of stories (54 in all) will inspire you to reach for the true source of joy: a life lived for and through God.

These deeply personal (and sometimes humorous) devotions offer biblical insights and spiritual truths from the unique perspective of one man and one woman. Learn to cultivate a life of passion. Perfect for your quiet time, these moments of meditative reflection illustrate the importance of allowing God to work within you and speak through you. No matter if you are newlyweds or newly retired, this book of devotions will help you put the spark back into your love life and explore the precious relationships God desires for you. He Said, She Said touches the heart, tickles the funny bone and brings you to your knees in worship.

If you would like to read an excerpt from He Said, She Said, go HERE.

Watch the book video:


Cindy and Eddie are not only good friends of mine, but a regular source of my spiritual renewal. It's a great idea, the he-said/she-said concept and I always enjoy their devotionals. Both are not only grounded spiritually, and super nice people but they both keep me laughing. It's that humor and heart that makes the spiritual more relatable in the most practical sense.

~Gina Holmes, author of Crossing Oceans~
I've know Eddie Jones and Cindy Sproles for a few years. Each has a way of tickling my funny bone, so I wondered what a devotional book by them would be. I can heartily recommend it. The humor is there, but it's coupled with deep truths that go straight to the heart of the problem. You'll find a path that winds closer to God through He Said, She Said.

~Ane Mulligan, Editor of Novel Journey~

Book Review

Loved this concept for a devotional before I received it, but loved it even more after I started reading it.    Each devotion takes a Scripture and then the husband and wife each wrote their perspective on that verse.

Their chapter titles are just as quirky as their writing....

ROMANCE, RINGS & RINGTONES IN BED: LOVING YOUR MATE
Puppy Love -- Sealed with a Kiss
We Deserved More Time -- "Time To..."
Making Love -- Bosom Buddies
Stinky Feet -- A Mom's Angst
She Won't Shut Up -- He Won't Open Up
My Weaker Vessel Leaks -- Weaker Vessel My Keel!
Can't Get Enough of Her, Ah...Cooking -- Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies
She's Still the One -- Mr. "Not Right Now"
What's Not to Like? -- Yes (X) or No ( )
Cry Baby -- Whine, Wine, Wean
What A Heifer -- Walk this Way
In Sickness & Wealth -- In Joy & Borrow

DIAPERS, DAYCARE & DIPLOMAS: LOVING YOUR KIDS
Prodigal Dad -- Radical Mom
Dissing Dad -- Dismissing Mom
Throw 'em Out -- Dust 'em Off
G.I. Joe -- "Oh! My God"
Joseph Stepped Up -- He Should've Called Ahead

J.O.B- JUST OVER BROKE: LOVING YOUR WORK
Have Work Your Way at Bigger King -- I Forgot
From Pit to Prominence -- Down in the Hole
Take a Chance... Advance! -- Wake Up!
Passing Grades -- Landing in "Grace"-land
"Hey, Dad, Someone's Calling for You" -- Jump

HOME UNDER CONSTRUCTION: LOVING YOUR CHURCH
Building Permit -- My Homework Is Not in Vain
High Anxiety -- Keep Back a Dollar
We're Broke -- We're Blessed
Making a Dollar Go a Long Way -- A Little Goes a Long Way!
Church of the Doubting Saint Thomas -- Church, It's Habit Forming    

I received my copy as an ebook that I read on my Kindle.     I loved receiving it that way because it was easy to hand it off to hubs for him to read as well.

Both Eddie and Cindy write very honestly.   At some moments you will be laughing and at others you will find your eyes filling with tears.     You will find yourself relating to them on so many levels.

As much as I admired their raw honesty, there was one area of honesty that I kind of struggled with in the book.     Eddie obviously struggles with lust of the eyes.    He talks many times about looking at other women.    Is this something that men deal with?   Definitely.    Is it something that they can have victory over?  Definitely.    God says in Galatians 5:16 that "But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh."     My concern is that this couple is one that is still fighting this battle, but quite possibly not using all the tools available to them.    

There's victory in the cross.   Break free and all your chains will be gone!   

2 comments:

Cindy Sproles said...

Thanks for the review. We appreciate. One small correction. Eddie and I are not married. We are friends who both have wonderful spouses. And both of us are happily married. One thing to remember, the devotions are geared to issues couples may experience and it doesn't mean that's a personal issue in our individual lives. Glad the devotions touched you and we're grateful for your honest appraisal. Thank you so much for sharing the book. - Cindy Sproles

Deanna said...

I apologize for misunderstanding the fact that you guys are married. I just thought you had different last names because of publishing purposes. Ha!