Thursday, April 19, 2012

Cup Of Joe for a Joe


Listening to Jeffery talk about his recent experiences in Afghanistan and Iraq make my heart hurt.   The things he saw and experienced have affected him and his family in life changing ways.   Hell on earth?   He has walked through it and some days he was not so sure he was going to survive it.

If it were not for Jeffery, I might not think as much about those men and women serving our country every day.  However because I look at him and his haunted eyes and I see the changes in him because of his multiples tours, I realize what a HUGE sacrifice they are making for us.

A Cup of Joe for A Joe is a business which I have grown to love because it is a simple way to support our troops.   It brings them a simple taste of home.   It is also something all of us can afford to do.   Even with my restricted budget, I can always afford the $2 to provide at least one cup of joe each week.  

I like being able to say "thank you" through the simple act of buying someone a cup of fresh coffee.    To go along with it I get to write them a letter of encouragement.    Do they know me?  No, but a letter from "home" means a lot when you are taking cold showers and surrounded by heat and sand.    

Green Bean Cafes are located on the bases of soldiers, sailors, airman, marines and coast guardsman who are serving far from home.    They are in locations such Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Qatar, Kyrgyzstan, Djibouti, Oman, and United Arab Emirates.

Although you cannot specify who you want your cup of joe to go to, you can buy a gift certificate and send it to your favorite soldier.

Here's How Cup Of Joe Works

Step 1 Choose Your Gift

Step 2 Write Your Message

Step 3 Enter Your Payment Information

Step 4 We'll Deliver Your Gift

Green Beans Coffee will deliver your gift and message. We'll also give each Service Member a chance to respond – and most of them do, so watch your email for their letters!





 



No comments: