Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Deeply Loved... Diving In

Today is Ash Wednesday.  It starts the season of Lent.    I have been asked by one of my publishers to spend the next forty days studying a new devotional book, Deeply Loved: 40 Ways in 40 Days to Experience the Heart of Jesus.    The title of the book was so enticing that I could not resist being involved.   Being able to focus on the deep love of my Savior and all that he has done just drew me like a magnet.   

I was anxious to sit down this morning with Chapter 1 to start this adventure.   This overall theme verse is “Look, I myself will be with you every day until the end of this present age.” (Jesus, in Matthew 28:20)

Every day.   Not just on Sundays like we sometimes treat our relationship with Jesus, but every single day of our life.

Someone once said that if God had a refrigerator there would be a picture of us on it.   I love that image.  I know that I have my sweet boys on my refrigerator.   I have pictures of them all over my home.    I love walking around and seeing their precious faces.     The thought that God thinks of me in the same way that I think of my boys is overwhelming.   

Having my boys has given me more insight into my precious God more than anything else in my life.    All those childhood Sunday School songs I learned transformed from just words to true meaning once I had my own children.   "Praise him!  Praise him!  All ye little children.  God is LOVE!"   Is there any better love than your children wrapping their arms around you and hugging you and saying "I love you?"   I know God feels the same way about me.

My favorite paragraph from today's reading is...

Today, take some time to sit quietly. Invite Jesus to be with you as you let your mind and heart settle down. Take a few deep, cleansing breaths just to slow your body down. When you feel as though you are ready, ask yourself the question my friends asked their foster child: what does God say when he looks at you?
What a beautiful way to spend Ash Wednesday and to start the Lent season.

If you are interested in joining me in this 40 day journey, Deeply Loved is on sale for Kindle right now for half price!   

No comments: