Friday, July 26, 2013

Today I Am...

Outside my window... is my sister's backyard.  She has graciously let Big Guy and I stay here while my house is being repaired and repainted from all of our foundation work.

I am thinking... that I am so ready for Little Guy and Hubs to be home.   They have been in Fort Worth, Texas, this week volunteering at a homeless mission.  

I am thankful for... a husband who works hard to provide for our family.

From the kitchen... not much has been happening in our kitchen this week, but it was fun to buy ingredients and let my nieces make supper for their Mom and Dad.  They thought it was so fun to make supper.

I am wearing... black t-shirt and white jeans, but I am so ready for some comfy pajamas!

I am creating... a list of things that need to be done next in our house before they come to put down the new floors.

I am going... to the coast with my hubs overnight next week for a business meeting.   We just celebrated a 23rd anniversary, but we did not have any money or time to really do anything.   When he found out he was going away for the night for this meeting he asked if I wanted to go.  He did not have to ask me twice!

I am reading... "An Open Heart" by Harry Kraus

I am hoping... that these last two years of Big Guy's high school will go really slow!

I am hearing... the sounds of Jack breathing really hard.  Jack is my sister and brother-in-law's dog.   He is 13 years old and has been so sick.   Everyone in our family loves Jack.   When the day comes that we have to say goodbye is going to be a heart breaker for all of us.

Around the house... everything is covered with a thick coating of sheet rock dust.  It is SO nasty!

One of my favorite things... vanilla caramel coffee made in my Keurig coffee maker.   I never knew how much I would enjoy a Keurig, but my boys gave me one for my birthday.  It has been such a great thing to just grab a quick cup of coffee anytime I want one.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Cleaning the sheet rock dust off every inch of the house.   Emptying the bedrooms so the carpet installers can come.  

Here is a picture thought I am sharing... (My son playing Four Square at "The Feet")




1 comment:

The JR said...

I know you'll be glad to get back into your own home.

I'm not familiar with that game.