I have never considered myself a picky eater, but lately I have discovered more and more things I do not like. Is it kind of strange that my palette has become more discerning as I have gotten older?
1. Pumpkin. This is the time of year that everything smells and tastes like pumpkin. Ewww!
2. Nutella. Every other recipe I see lately features Nutella. I couldn't figure out why I didn't like this until I realized the main ingredient for this was hazlenuts.
3. Hazlenuts. Obviously, I don't like this. And I do not like my coffee to have a nutty flavor either.
4. Quinoa. So far I have not eaten it and enjoyed it. Is it "gross" to me? Not really, but not worth wasting my time eating it either.
5. Coconut. The big trend right now is coconut and coconut oil. My husband bought granola bars the other day and I took a bite and could tell immediately that it had coconut oil in it. He argued with me until I forced him to get the wrapper out of the trash and read the ingredients. It may be healthy, but I do not like the taste of coconut.
6. Peanuts and peanut butter. This is a tricky one. I don't mind the taste of peanut butter. It is the smell. Smelling peanuts or peanut butter makes my stomach turn. This is a recent development for me.
Don't ask why I shared all of that. It just occurred to me today that I have developed a lot of pickiness about food over the last few years and to my knowledge I have never had such aversions (with the exception of coconut which I have always hated!).
Do you have foods which you hate eating?