1. Once again we cannot say enough about our doctor from University Medical Center. He has gone above and beyond in making sure Donald is taken care of during this time of waiting before leaving for MD Anderson this Sunday. He found a 6th pathologist in New York City to look at Donald's case. This pathologist is a specialist in angiosarcoma. He is sending his results to MD Anderson so we will have the benefit of six specialists along with the MD Anderson team. We thank the Lord's guiding hand for giving us Dr. Jordan.
2. As much as we miss him, we are so thankful for this week of work that the Lord provided Todd in Chattanooga. It will be such a financial help to him and to us for his sophomore year of school.
3. As medical bills begin to roll in we know that this is only the tip of iceberg of expenses. We have seen God provide over and over again in our marriage and we know that this will be no different.
4. I am a compulsive plan ahead person. That has worked in our favor as 90% of Tanner's sophomore year was planned and taken care of before summer started. The few things that I needed to finish up we have been able to handle easily during the last two weeks.
5. Speaking of Tanner, I am so thankful for Tanner's organized and responsible work ethic in his schoolwork. Homeschooling is such a privilege and joy for me, but I know that this is going to be a challenging one for all of us.
6. Such a supportive team at Donald's job. Love, love, love them.
7. The "been there done that" team of friends who have stepped in and given us support. These are friends who have either gone through or are going through cancer. They have given us words of encouragement. Sent us notes. Invaluable advice. Dropped by gifts. Sent gift cards. We are all members of a club we never wanted to join.
8. Our great, big, amazing God who has been our strength. Our shield. Our hiding place. Our constant source of breath when we felt breathless. He is good all the time.