Friday, July 31, 2009

The Week Is Almost Over??

Can you tell we are having fun here in Atlanta?    The computer hasn't been touched because of all the playing we have been doing.  

Since we arrived Steph and Big Guy have been trying to take over the world.   Ha!    They are playing a game called Stronghold Crusader.     They can play it simultaneously on the two computers.      They are in heaven.


They aren't all computer games because something one of them said sparked the decision to have a battle.    My friend, Sheri, has a beautiful house, but she is a cool Mom so she didn't care if they went crazy setting up their battle.    That is why we are friends.   Letting our kids make memories like this is what matters most to us.

 
  
Little Guy and Sa have had the best time.     I think they have tried a little bit of everything in the house!
They have made a chocolate cake and "puppy chow".
They have jumped on the trampoline in the rain.
They have played games on the laptops.
The kids have had lots of fun doing things together too.      We took them to Lake Lanier Island to the water park one day.    Unfortunately we only were able to stay a few hours.   Poor Little Guy had a major allergic reaction to the chemicals in the water.    He is allergic to chlorine, but usually we can avoid it with some Benadryl.   I am not sure what they used, but whatever it was affected him greatly.    He was miserable all day long.
At midnight on Tuesday the kids decided it would be fun to pile every cushion, pillow and blanket they could find at the bottom of the stairs.     They then proceeded to jump, belly flop and fling themselves from the stairs into that pile.    They laughed, giggled and had a blast.     
 
  
We have done so much more this week:   two movies (G-Force and Imagine That), skateboard park, Lego Outlet, racing mini muscle cars, swimming, doing art projects, etc....
Tonight is our big finale.... taking the kids to Medieval Times.      I am excited because I know the boys will love it.     I am kind of sad because I know tomorrow it all comes to an end.    I am excited because tomorrow night I will see my sweet hubs that I have missed SO MUCH.    I am sad because I know I won't see our friends again for quite a while.
It will be a day of mixed emotions.

5 comments:

Dr. Wifey said...

y'all have had a fun-filled week! i bet the guys will go through some withdrawal for a few days LOL have a great last day with your friends and a safe trip back home to your hubs :)

Peggy said...

Sounds like you're having a great week and definitely making the most of it!

Allison said...

Oooh! Puppy chow! I haven't made that in forever! Glad you mentioned it! =)

And I'm glad you have had a great week! We'll be glad to have you back home though!

black betty said...

LOVIN' the battle armor...that rocked!!! so glad y'all are having FuN!!!

From the Doghouse said...

I'm glad you had such an awesome time! Welcome back!