Yesterday a rainbow appeared again on his last day of chemotherapy. I know that I was completely overwhelmed by God's faithfulness. The rainbow is a symbol of God's faithfulness and the fact that He will never break His promises. What an amazing truth.
Seeing Cade walk this cancer journey has made us aware of how many children face this terrible illness. September is CHILDHOOD CANCER AWARENESS MONTH.
Please continue to pray for each and every child as well as their family that has been faced with this horrible disease. And remember 46 children will be diagnosed with cancer “today” and 7 children will have their life cut short by cancer. The sad thing is that less than 3% of federal funding goes to Pediatric Cancer.
Wake up, America. Save our children ! ! !
September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.Did you know:
- Cancer is the #1 cause of death by disease in children under the age of 15 in the United States
- 11,000 young people are diagnosed with cancer every year.
- Each year about 2,300 children and teenagers die from cancer.
- Although cure rates are steadily increasing, 35% of children will die from a diagnosis of cancer.
- 46 children and adolescents are diagnosed with cancer everyday in the United States
- One in every four elementary schools has a child with cancer.
- The average high school has two students who are current or former cancer patients.
- Childhood cancers affect more potential patient-years of life than any other cancer.
- The causes of most childhood cancers are unknown.
- At present, childhood cancer cannot be prevented.
- Childhood cancer occurs regularly, randomly and spares no ethnic group, socioeconomic class, or geographic region.
- One in every 330 Americans develops cancer before the age of 20.
- Despite these facts, childhood cancer research is vastly and consistently underfunded.