Friday, September 2, 2011

Homeschool Mom Journal - Week of 9/2

In my life this week... This has been a crazy week with us making the trip to Ohio and back home.   I have been washing, cleaning and repacking so my husband and I can leave to go to Orange Beach for the weekend.    I work with a support group at our church for teens who struggle with addiction.    We are having a retreat for them this weekend.   I am so excited about it.

In our homeschool this week... I am so excited that we decided to start school the first week of August.   It meant that I didn't feel stressed when we had to disrupt our schedule this week.  We still managed to get some schooling/carschooling done while traveling.     Of course, we will hit it hard next week.    We will be adding Big Guy's Latin class and Biology class.   Little Guy will be adding his Botany class.  With these additions, our curriculum should be complete.


Places we're going and people we're seeing...  While on the road we managed to see the Casey Jones house and railroad museum, Lagrange, Fort Pillow and the Creation Museum.    That is a lot of "field trip" time that we would have had.   

The boys are very excited about our close friends, Daniel and Meghan, coming to stay with them this weekend while we are gone to the beach.  Daniel and Meghan are two of our adopted college students and are like another son and daughter.   

My favorite thing this week was... Definitely spending time with our Ohio family.   

Things I'm working on...Reading.   My reading for the publishers has gotten a little behind with the start of school and all the stuff going on.   I am hoping to get caught up on some reading on the drive time this weekend.

I'm reading...Raising Godly Children in an Ungodly World.



I'm praying for...sooo much, but high on my priority list is our retreat and Cade and his last chemotherapy treatment.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share...


My sweet birthday boy.     10 years old.   I can't believe it.    Full steam ahead and smiling all the way!   

3 comments:

The JR said...

Have fun on the retreat.

Happy holiday.

patti lacy said...

Have missed you!!
Blessings,
Patti

Allison said...

I hate the reason you had to take the trip, but thankful that it was a blessed time for you to have with your family. And glad that Little Guy had a great birthday. That indoor waterpark looked TOO COOL!