InCourage posted "20 Questions for a New Year’s Eve Reflection". I thought it would be a great way to wind down my blogging for the year.... OK, I am really just procrastinating on taking down the tree!
1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year? Seeing both of my boys baptized
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened? All of the sickness we faced
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year? Our 20th anniversary trip to Asheville. Such a cherished time!
4. What was an unexpected obstacle? Big Guy's sickness and being unable to find answers
5. Pick three words to describe 2010. Leaning. Loving. Laughing.
6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2010 (don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you). Lots. Of. Doctors.
7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2010 (again, without asking). Work. Work. Work.
8. What were the best books you read this year? I read almost 275 books this year so trying to narrow it down to just a few would seem tough, but there really are a few that stick out to me. Each one is unique from the other, but left me thinking for a LONG time!
9. With whom were your most valuable relationships? Hubs, Big Guy and Little Guy are obviously my most valuable relationships. However, outside of this core I am so thankful for my cousin/brother, Randy, who has literally jumped in at literally a second's notice this year to come and stay with the boys while I was in the hospital or had to go to the hospital. He has literally been a gift from God.
10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year? I have grown more comfortable in my own skin this year. I am an odd duck.... even my extended family has accused me of such. I don't watch the same movies, television shows, listen to the same music, or read the same books that others do. I subscribe to the idea of "garbage in... garbage out." It used to bother me when people looked at me or called me weird, but this past year has taught me that the only person I have to worry about looking at me weird is God.
11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally? I was finally able to bring some closure to some anger and hurt that I had been carrying around for a long time regarding some personal issues with a family member. The relationship with this person hasn't changed, but I have.
12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually? Scriptures I have read over and over have begun to take on new meanings for me. I feel like I have stepped up on another rung of my spiritual ladder.
13. In what way(s) did you grow physically? I am trying not to grow any more physically. Ha!
14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others? We have enjoyed having people over more this year. We used to do that ALL the time, but somehow got out of the habit. We made more of an effort to invite people over after church for lunch and just over in general this year. It has been wonderful getting to know people more.
15. What was the most enjoyable part of your work (both professionally and at home)? I love being able to spend so much time with my boys. Seeing them learn, laugh, grow and mature is so rewarding to me. I am glad that God gave us this time together.
16. What was the most challenging part of your work (both professionally and at home)? Finding balance and the fine line between being mom and teacher.
17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year? electronics
18. What was the best way you used your time this past year? Any and all the time spent with my Lord
19. What was biggest thing you learned this past year? I don't think I learned this, but simply reaffirmed it: My God will never leave me or forsake me.
20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2010 for you. Whether the cup is 1/2 full or 1/2 empty doesn't matter... it only matters what is in the cup. Fill my cup, Lord!