Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Sweets for my Sweetie

Every year our next door neighbor gives us two bags of Mammoth Whole Pecans that he buys in Yazoo City. These are the best pecans around by far (and we adore our neighbor too.)

Yesterday Donald asked if I would make him some pecans like you buy at the pecan houses. For me, the simpler the recipe the better, so I did a search and found two that couldn't have been easier. I wound up making two batches of pecans: chocolate dipped pecans and praline pecans.

Chocolate Dipped Pecans
1 16 oz block Ghiradelli dipping chocolate
pecans

Melt, and let dry!! Couldn't be easier!!


Pecan Pralines (compliments of Paula Deen)

2 cups whole pecans
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
4 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl until well mixed. Spread in a square greased baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Stir. Bake for another 10 minutes. Stir. Remove from oven and let cool. Store in airtight container.

My sweetie was so happy with his treats.

No comments: