Monday, April 23, 2012

Boys Will Be Boys

Walking into the boy's bathroom I see something red spattered all over the wall.   It is also on the towel and along the picture frame.    It is early morning and I am the only one awake so I wait until the boys wake up to start asking questions.

My husband is the first up so I ask him if he knows anything about it.  He goes to look.

Husband:   "It looks like blood!"

Me:  "I thought the same thing at first, but it would be tough to get blood all over like that."

Now we are both curious.   

When both of the boys are up and fully awake we can't take it any longer.   We ask them.

"Boys, do either of you know why there is something on the walls in the bathroom?"

They look at each other sheepishly and start grinning.

Big Guy says, "Do you remember the other day when you bought us lunch because you had that WinShape meeting?"

"Well, we have always wanted to try out this cool prank.   You put a ketchup packet underneath the toilet lid and when someone sits down it squirts ketchup on them.   

We did that except we didn't sit down.  We just stomped on the toilet lid and it shot ketchup everywhere."

At this point Little Guy pipes in... "Most of it shot into the shower!"

Hubs and I looked at each other and just died laughing!  

"Um, will you mind cleaning up what is left behind?"

"Sure thing Mom!"

No doubt about it... boys will be boys.

4 comments:

HEATHER said...

So funny!

Andi said...

This is why I am so glad I had girls!
Bless your heart! :)

Allison said...

My cousin decided to stomp on ketchup packets in the Dairy Queen parking lot one time when we were kids. He had me go with him and, of course, his aim was not so great and I ended up with ketchup ALL OVER my W.H.I.T.E. shirt. Mama was TICKED OFF about that one.

The JR said...

Yes, indeed they will be!