Sunday, April 15, 2012

Simple Happiness


Our schedule has been very packed.    

Monday - baseball practice

Tuesday - archery practice and/or baseball game and Metamorphosis

Wednesday - church, music theory class

Thursday - shooting practice, communication class, science class, Crossfit class, biology class

Friday - archery practice

Saturday - baseball

Sunday - church

There is not one day that we do not have some sort of commitment.     Thankfully, this kind of craziness only happens for about nine weeks every spring, but I still do not like it.

I don't know how it worked out, but recently we had an entire day without any commitments.   My husband took the day off work to stay home with us.    During breakfast he asked if there was anything I wanted to do and I told him that the thing that sounded best to me was just sitting outside with a book and reading.    He and Little Guy decided that they would go out and hit a few rounds of golf during the cool morning hours.   

After lunch I looked out the window and the above chair was sitting outside.    My sweet husband had gone out and bought me a chair so I could do exactly what I said -- just sit and read.

Some women want jewelry, flowers, big houses, new cars.... my husband gave me the best gift of all.   It wasn't just the chair.   It was the fact that that he listened to me!  

Simple Happiness.

2 comments:

Allison said...

I was EXHAUSTED, STRESSED and a MESS Sunday morning. Hubby stayed home with me, fixed lunch, got MY lounge chair out, brought me refreshing drinks, gave me a massage and let me take a 2 hour nap.

I think we found the best two men on the earth!

Deanna said...

I agree completely!!