Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Detour

Last Friday I woke up feeling really rotten.     I haven't been feeling well for several weeks now and have made several doctor's visits and gotten quite a few prescriptions.   However, when I woke up last Friday I knew something was wrong.     We put in several calls to my doctor and he advised us to go straight to the ER. 

Within 30 minutes of arriving at the ER I had been poked, prodded, tested, hooked up to IV's, oxygen and heart monitors.      It was quickly determined that I had blood clots in my lungs and I was admitted to the hospital.     I was very shocked.     I thought they would just give me a shot and let me go home.   

I was wrong.     I arrived on Friday and I am still sitting here in a hospital room, hooked up to the ICU having my heart monitored and getting shots in my stomach every night.    

I have been so blessed.    My precious husband has taken care of me so wonderfully.    My sister and sweet friends of ours let the boys spend the night with them the first night of our hospital stay.   My parents volunteered to come over and stay in our home so the boys could be in their own beds over the weekend.     As of now, hubs' mom is at the house.    


It wasn't exactly the way I thought we would spend Easter Sunday, but my sweet Big Guy knew how much I was looking forward to the service so he went and recorded the service so I could watch it from my hospital bed.       Little Guy made me a special lunch and delivered it to me on Easter Sunday as well.     

I have received phone calls, Facebook notes, cards and visits.      I am so blessed to have so many loving people in my life.  

10 comments:

Dr. Wifey said...

do you know when you will get to go home?? hope you are feeling better. sounds like you are getting first rate care :) *hugs*

Crystal said...

I hope you feel better and are able to go home soon. I'm praying for you.

Shelby said...

Well, sweet girl, you have loving people in your life because you ARE a loving person.

I'm so glad that your boys spoiled you on Easter/your birthday even though you weren't able to be at home.

Now -- just rest and get better. We love you!

Susan B said...

My goodness sweet Deanna! You are certainly having a trying time.. I am so sorry but thankful you are in a good place to get all better..Please rest and take care of you!! Sounds like your precious family is seeing to all your needs..Will keep you in my prayers.

Taylor & Krisa said...

Praying you get well soon! Love you lots!

black betty said...

so sorry to hear about this. i will include you in my prayers. xoxo

Patti Lacy said...

Oh, MY DEANNA!!!

Praise God for your big and little men. Though it probably didn't seem like it at the time, you created an Easter memory!!

Godspeed with healing.
P

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Oh my goodness, I haven't seen you on Twitter, but I haven't been catching up on blogs, so I had no idea you had been sick. You poor thing, how scary. And how awful to be in the hospital over Easter. Last year my father-in-law was in ICU over Easter and it was hard on everyone. I'm so glad you got to the hospital and found out what was wrong... clots in your lungs sounds so very scary. Take care and

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

oops, hit submit too soon! Take care and feel better! :)

Carrie said...

HOLY MOLEY! I am so behind on everything that I didn't have any clue what was going on with you!

I am praying for you and your family!!