Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Quick Update

Thanks so much for all of your notes and emails of love and prayers.     You guys are the sweetest ever.      I am thinking that "Dr. K Storm" (my new knickname for her) should go into the medical profession.    It has been her concern all along that I might be having pulmonary embolisms.      It has been nice to have K to tell me about what to expect.

I can't remember what I told you last, but thanks to my sweet husband being willing to give me my shots the doctor allowed me to come home earlier than he planned.     Donald literally exclaimed, "What an answer to prayer!" after he left the room.     On Tuesday the doctor said that he wouldn't even consider letting me leave the hospital until my level was at a solid 2.     Tuesday night we both prayed about it and Wednesday morning the doctor walked in and said he had reconsidered and was going to let me go if Donald would give me the shots and bring me back for lab work.       Donald started packing before the door shut good.    

I have still been hurting a lot and am scheduled for more tests next week.      I am under very strict instructions not to lift anything heavier than 10 lbs, no housework and to be very careful to not get bumped and definitely not get cut.    

I have adjusted to the eating restrictions much easier than I thought I would.    Even giving up my morning coffee wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.      The worst part has been craving asparagus and green beans.     I want some sooooo much!     (In case you don't know, you can't have green vegetables because it contains Vitamin K which causes your blood to clot.)

My parents sent me the most beautiful and delicious fruit arrangement from Edible Arrangements.   What a nice treat after five days of hospital food.

Oh goodness it was so delicious.    Those are chocolate covered apples.    They were sour apples covered with a dark chocolate.      Amazing!      The pineapple was freshly cut and the cantaloupe was mildly sweet.       We all enjoyed it so much.

Speaking of food, Little Guy has taken over the kitchen since we got home.     Tuesday he made homemade hamburger buns using the bread machine and turkey burgers using a recipe he made up.     

Wednesday night he made us an amazing chicken pasta dish that he made up as well.    I wish I had a better picture.   I grabbed this one with my phone before we all ate.    We were starving because we waited until Big Guy got home to eat.     It was so delicious we have all asked him to make this again very soon!

Big Guy has been wonderful too.     He has cut the grass, helped with laundry, and doted on me to make sure I have everything I need and more.     Although I am fully capable of getting up to get a drink, he always makes sure I have one.       I can't tell you how many times he has come running saying, "Mom, did you call?   Do you need anything?"   

So, I guess that is a full update.     I am taking care of myself and following doctor's orders.     It may take a while to get well, but that is OK.


Crystal said...

I'm so glad you were able to go home. It's great that your guys are doing so much to help you. I hope you will be back to feeling well again soon.

Beth said...

Isn't it wonderful to not have to worry about your boys missing school with you not feeling well? I love homeschooling for so many reasons, but when MOM is sick, school can wait! I love that they are taking good care of you. Someday those boys are gonna make great husbands!

Dr. Wifey said...

you are getting better care at home than the hospital! glad you are doing better. that edible arrangement looks so good

佩昭彥怡 said...


Sara said...

Glad your sweet boys are taking good care of you!

Allison said...

I'm glad you're doing better - AND that you have such great nurses! =)