Friday, March 13, 2009

Thankful Friday

I know it is typically Thankful Thursday, but I just didn't have time to get on the computer yesterday to do a blog post.      So I am breaking the "rules".     My heart has been full of thanksgiving and I didn't want to miss an opportunity to praise my God.

* First, I am so glad that we are doing Lent this year as a family.    It has definitely helped me keep focused.    Some situations in our life that would have possibly overwhelmed me have really not gotten to me and I believe it is because of the fact of our focus on Easter.    

* Last week I had to take my computer in to be repaired.    It froze up and quit working completely.    I have had this laptop for about 6 years which is a LONG life for a laptop.    I was afraid that this was the end.      My computer guy, who I cannot say enough good things about, worked on it for 5 DAYS!    He found a terrible virus that had attacked my anti-virus software.     We still can't figure out how it accessed my computer since this things normally access through Internet Explorer and I don't use IE.     Anyway, when I went to pick up my computer I was completely shocked when he did not charge me one dollar.      I cannot tell you what a financial blessing this was for us.

* A friend of mine posted that she was needing some help with her business.     The times she posted were perfect.    I contacted her and we were both in awe of God's goodness.     We have been trying to pay off some hospital bills and my grocery budget is soooo tight that I had been praying for a way to be able to have a little extra money to supplement our finances.     So from 10:00 - 2:00 on Tuesday - Thursday you can find me at The Play Place in Ridgeland.    A GREAT place to bring your kids to play!

*  Tonight I get to have a Girl's Night Out.     A group of us are going to supper and then to "Easely Amused" to paint.    I can't wait.    Girls, giggles and fun!

*  Today is the last day of school before Spring Break begins.     An entire week of spending time with my sweet boys.   Does it get any better than that?!?   Yahoo!

Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

K Storm said...

Blessings all around! Have a good weekend.

Dr. Wifey said...

so many things to be thankful for! God is great :) have a fantastic GNO!!

Carrie said...

HOW FUN!! What great blessings!!

Can I come tonight?? " )

Amy W said...

God is so good - All the time!! Our Spring Break actually started yesterday! I'm going to take the girls to visit my parents for a few days next week. Yeah!!

Sharon said...

Wow Lots to be thankful for! Amen!! Praise God! I know you will have a great spring break with the boys, I hope you do something fun.
Great share ~~ I feel as though I have been up lifted right~along with you!
Have a beautiful and blessed weekend :)

Wanda M said...

My husband does work for the owner of Easely Amused - she says they stay booked. It sounds fun - let me know how you like it! She and her mother are interior designors....great ladies!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

God is so good and faithful. I am glad He provided you with this job and extra income. What a blessing.

Tommy, Suzanne, and Mary Peyton said...

yea!!! girl's night was fun, right?

you need to share the name of your computer guy - not that i am wanting someone cheap or free - i just want the pictures from january and february off of my old laptop!

have a great weekend and a fun week with your boys!!!

Anonymous said...

saw your comment on my latest post and thought i would swing by to say hello. so you were at the easely amused party friday night?? were you by chance sitting by suzanne? i think maybe so, but your hair is different from the picture on your profile.

The Haymans said...

Had so much fun Friday night. It was great meeting you!