Friday, March 27, 2009
The Pentagon Project
Some of you asked to see Big Guy's pentagon project. This is the model he made. He also had to do a 11 slide Power Point project that include all of the geometric aspects of the building as well as it was a project for his math class.
Fast Facts About The Pentagon (Yes, I Learned Something Too!)
* 200 acres of lawn that parks approximately 8,770 cars in 16 parking lots
* 4,200 clocks
* 691 water fountains
* 284 rest rooms
* consume 4,500 cups of coffee, 1,700 pints of milk and 6,800 soft drinks
* takes only seven minutes to walk between any two points in the building
* completed on Jan. 15, 1943 at an approximate cost of $83 million
* consolidated 17 buildings of the War Department
* The Pentagon has no marble because it was built during World War II, and Italy, the source of marble, was an enemy country.