My friend, Wyatt, tagged me for a meme! It is my first "tag" of 2009. If you have never visited Wyatt's blog, Support Your Local Gunfighter, you are missing a daily dose of laughter as well as a great source of news with a decidedly Wyatt flair.
Anyway, here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you. (Done.)
2. Post the rules on your blog. (Done.)
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4. Tag six random people with a link.
Okay, I think I can handle that, since I am chock full of quirks and inseconsequential things. Plus I thought it would give me a chance to answer some of your questions from my "100 Things" post the other day.
Here goes . . .
1. Skinny Dipping - You couldn't believe and really neither can I. Just chalk it up to the things that you do when you are in love, newly married and your husband says, "Please." with that adorable look on his face. I won't give you all the details, but I will say that it was summer and we didn't have a washer and dryer in our apartment. We always waited until really, really late at night to go wash our clothes because it was so hot in the apartment laundromat. All the lights of the complex automatically turned off at 10:30. We passed time between loads by swimming. It was late, lights were off... you get the drift.
2. Saving A Life - Hubs and I were on the way to a Christmas service at church. We drove up just after a wreck had happened. As we drove past I saw that they had pulled the adults from the car, but I could see a little girl still in the back seat and she was in bad shape. I told hubs to pull over to see if we could help. By the time we parked a huge crowd had gathered but no one was jumping in quickly. There was a lot of blood. I had to check on that girl. I walked up and saw that another gentleman had gently gotten her out of the car. His first words, "Maam, don't look. It is bad." She started crying and I knelt beside her to try to calm her down because of her injuries. The man looked at me and we knew had bad she was. She was dying before our eyes. Part of her forehead was folded down. I asked for his shirt and we applied pressure to stop the bleeding and did what we needed to do to stop the shock. An EMT showed up and asked us to continue our pressure until she was secure. He looked at us and said, "If she makes it it will be because of you." That man looked at me and I looked at him and he whispered, "Because of God."
3. Broken a bone - I was in 2nd grade and were visiting at my Mammaw and Pappaw's house. My older cousins were there and I adored them. They were shooting my Pappaw's bb gun. It was the kind that you had to cock before you shoot. I begged and begged until my cousin let me shoot. It was so tough that I had to flip the gun upside down to shoot it. One time I forgot to flip the gun back around and when I shot the gun that cock flew down and snapped my thumb right in half.
4. I judge a restaurant not only by its food, but by its bathrooms. If I go in a restaurant and the bathroom is dirty, I will leave. If they have pride in showing a clean "front", I don't want to know what is going on behind the scenes.
5. Every morning after getting the boys off to school, I get my coffee and consult my Outlook Calendar. I forget everything unless I write it down.
6. My first kiss was in third grade. I wasn't even expecting it. His name was Scott Lane. He was moving away and his Mom brought him over to my house to say goodbye to me and bring me a gift. I was so shocked because I didn't realize he was moving. He just drove up, handed me the gift and told me he was moving. Right before he turned to go to the car, he kissed me. I still have no idea what was in that gift! ha!
I’ll tag the following bloggers:
Tammy @ Greek Grits
Lisa @ Blessed with Grace