Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Happy Birthday, Big Guy!

Twelve years have flown by since that precious first moment I held you in my arms. It felt like the room and everyone just faded into the background as your sweet eyes found mine and we stared at each other.

That simple moment was the beginning of a special bond between the two of us. We love to sit staring into each others' eyes to talk. Even if I put you on my shoulder, you would lift your little head to look into my eyes. If I read you books, you would look at my face instead of the pages.

As soon as you discovered your hands I began teaching you sign language so we could communicate even better. Not long after you were talking and signing. Some of my favorite times were when we would prop up on the pillows of Daddy and my bed and just talk and talk and talk. In the afternoons, we would go out to the screened in porch and swing and talk while waiting for your Daddy to get home from work.

I worried that the older you got the less you would want to spend time talking to your Mom. I am so glad that hasn't happened. I love our talks. I love hearing your ideas, your thoughts, your dreams, your plans.

You are an incredible young man and God is going to use you for His purpose. You are so lucky to have a Heavenly Father who loves you and an earthly Father who models integrity, devotion and true definition of Christ-like love.

Happy Birthday, Big Guy.
I love you... all the way to heaven and back.
"uh" (private Mom/Big Guy thing!)
Mom

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Happy Birthdayyyyy toooo youuuu
Happy Birthday tooooo youuuuuuu
Happyyyy Birthday tooo Big Guy
Happyyyyy Birthdayyyyyy toooooo
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

AND MANY MOREEEEEE :)

Have a fun day

Shelby said...

Happy birthday to Big Guy; he feels like an honorary nephew! I wish for him twinkling moments!

black betty said...

happy burfday, handsome!!! :)

Dr. Wifey said...

how sweet! hope he has a wonderful birthday :)

K Storm said...

Happy Birthday to your Big Guy!!

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday (just a little late)!!

I hope you had a great day together!!