Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 15 - A moment, phrase, or song that has changed your life the most

When I first wrote this post I actually typed out the words that changed my life.   However, when I started thinking about it I realized how ugly those words looked written down.    Hearing that words said out loud were so difficult to get over that I decided that I didn't want them posted on my blog.    Suffice it to say they were tough to get over.      Hearing those words from someone I love was not only tough, but crushing.      To say it was life changing is an understatement.     Just typing those words made my stomach twist in knots and my chest hurt which is why I ultimately deleted them.    

A long time after those words were spoken, I was sitting on my bed one day when God gave me this Scripture....

You intended to harm me, 
but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, 
the saving of many lives.
Genesis 50:20

On that day I promised Him that I would hand over all the hurt I was carrying if He would use me to accomplish something for Him.

On that day?    I was contacted by our youth pastor at church and asked to work in the middle school ministries.      If "the saving of many lives" is happening it has nothing to do with me.    I am just playing a small part in the middle school ministries, but I am so happy to be used for Him.       And the hurt that I was carrying for FAR too long?     It is gone!

2 comments:

Patti Lacy said...

WOW! Thanks for sharing your testimony.

For me, it's Romans 8:28, kinda along the same line.

God used it as the theme for each of my books!!!!

Unknown said...

Hmmmm....

There's been so many moments and phrases and songs. And so many life changes.

I'm going to go with a word. "Dork"... because it was that word in an online profile that grabbed Mr. B's attention and lead him to me.