Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day 28- A moment you remember being completely happy in and a description of why you believe you were. What is your definition of happiness?

I can immediately think of three...

The day I married my sweet hubs. I seriously could not quit smiling. Right before they opened the doors for my Daddy and I to walk down the aisle I told him, "Walk slow. I want to remember this forever." But, when I saw my handsome hubs standing at the end of the aisle I couldn't wait to get down there to him. My Daddy teased I nearly dragged him down the aisle. Hubs' Uncle Phil officiated our wedding and told my Daddy he had never seen a happier bride. I can't imagine anyone being happier than I was on my wedding day.

The day I gave birth to Big Guy. We had waited seven years for our first precious baby to be born. We were so excited. I will never forget that moment when they put Big Guy in my arms. He looked up at me and I looked at him. We stared into each other's eyes for what seemed like forever. Anytime I would lay him on my shoulder he would lift his little head to look directly in my eyes. We have always shared such a bond.

The birth of our Little Guy was a true miracle from God.   God added Little Guy as a "punctuation mark" to our family.     The day he arrived was so amazing.    The memory of seeing his sweet little face turn and look at hubs at us when we said, "Hello" still brings tears to my eyes.    My doctor said, "He definitely knows his parents voice!"     No matter where they took Little Guy in that room he always turned his head towards our voices so we just kept talking to him.     When they put him in my arms he didn't want me to quit talking because he just seemed to drink in the sound of our voices.   

Looking back I realize that those first moments were a huge cue to my boys' learning personalities, but I was too deliriously happy to do anything but absorb the smells and faces of our precious boys.  

1 comment:

Buckaroo Banzai said...

You are definitely blessed!