Monday, September 27, 2010

Day 27- Your definition of the meaning of life.

The meaning of life is found within the cross.     Jesus' death on the cross and our acceptance of His amazing and beautiful gift is what gives my life meaning.   

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
Psalm 139:14

It is such a simple answer, but with such amazingly complex ramifications.    When I look around at those in my life who try to live each day without Jesus I wonder.    Why?    How?   
God's arms are what hold me tight when the unknown threatens to grip me with fear.    His shoulders are what I cry on when I am scared or afraid.    His ears are what I whisper, laugh, cry, and talk into about everything.     His hand is the one I reach for first thing in the morning.     His footsteps are the ones that I am searching for as I walk along each day.      His voice is the one I am listening for in the midst of the noises of day to day life.

It is knowing that He loved me enough to send His only Son to die for my sins that gives my life meaning.

No comments: