Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Favorite Color

I have a friend whose favorite color is orange.     She loves the color orange.    Her car is orange.    She has orange tennis shoes.   Orange purse.      It is kind of like her signature.       If you ask her what her favorite color is she is definitely going to say orange without hesitation.

Why am I even writing about this?   Because someone asked me yesterday what my favorite color is.    I don't know.   I have never had a favorite color.    Every time someone asks me that I always say blue, but it isn't really.    I don't have a favorite.     I think it is another one of those things that makes me seriously weird.

I definitely appreciate color.     I am love with the color of my boys' eyes.    The blues of ocean waves.    The greens of my yard after it has just rained.     The rainbow of flowers in my neighbor's flower garden.     The white clouds as the boys and I lay on the trampoline.       I just can't pinpoint one as my favorite.

Do you have a favorite color?    Why?   What makes it your favorite?

4 comments:

Dr. Wifey said...

my favorite color is blue! almost everything in my wardrobe is some shade of blue, my furniture is blue, my dishes are blue, my walls are blue, my car is blue - can't get enough blue!

K Storm said...

Red...I love the bold punch of color!

Patti Lacy said...

Blue, just like Dr. Wifey!
But I really love the spectrum of the rainbow...

Great post, dear!

Shelby said...

Hey girl!

My favorite color is blue. I have blue eyes that I got from my grandmother. Everybody else that we know of in the family as I was growing up had brown eyes so it was just a little thing that Grandmama and I shared just between us!

And my new house is becoming a blue house! My countertops are a blue laminate, and the boys and I all chose various shades of blue for our rooms.