I saw this over on McCoy Musing's blog and couldn't resist. I love remembering my pregnancy with Big Guy. I didn't love being pregnant, but I love the fact that it allowed me to have Big Guy!
So, here goes a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born! If you want to do it yourself, just copy and paste it in your blog for yourself!
Let's see how much you remember!
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
Right after we got married, a doctor told us that if we didn't get pregnant within the first 2-3 years of our marriage, we would never get pregnant. Hubs and I tried for seven years to get pregnant.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
Yes - for seven years
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
When my Mom was in the hospital having some surgery done, she said that she felt I should get a procedure done to help me possibly get pregnant. It was all I could do not to tell her that I suspected I might already be pregnant. However, after miscarriages I was too scared to say the words.
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
Never in a million years!
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
I did a pregnancy test. It turned positive IMMEDIATELY. I couldn't talk. I walked into the living room and fell to my knees in front of Donald crying holding the positive test. I didn't have to say anything. He knew.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
Donald, of course!
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
We found out, but we never had any doubt that it would be a boy. Donald's family mostly has boys. I can count his girl cousins on my right hand... literally.
9. DUE DATE?
June 15, 1997
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS
24 hours a day for the first trimester
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
People touching my stomach. Mine! Not ours!
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
No. I never even thought about having a girl.
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
I had a seizure when I was 28 weeks pregnant, but fortunately I had followed my instincts and gone to the hospital because Big Guy had been too still. He was a very active baby and on that day he had been very quiet. I called the hospital and the doctor told me to come and be checked out. As they were unhooking me to go home I had a grand mal seizure. They lost Big Guy's heartbeat for a little while, but since we were at the hospital they were able to get things under control. God was there. Had I been at home that day, we both would have died.
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
River Oaks Suites
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
28 hours... tried an epidural, but it wouldn't work because of my seizure meds. So natural birth.
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
Hubs drove... like a Nascar guy!
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Hubs, doctor and nurse. They asked if I wanted a mirror to "see", but I told them that feeling was quite enough!
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
wanted it, needed it... definitely advise it!!
27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
7 lb 15 oz
28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ?
June 2, 1997 at 1:49 p.m.
30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?