Thursday, January 14, 2010

How Do You Say Thanks


How do thank a group of people who are willing to host 8 middle school youth in their homes for an entire weekend?      I know!    That is a tall order.     However, as one of the directors of housing and food for our Disciple Now weekend it is my job to find ways to thank these wonderful host families.

Because my budget for these thank yous is pretty small, I wanted to incorporate it into things we already needed for the weekend.     One of the things we do for our host families is put together a box of paper products (plates, napkins, forks, toilet paper, etc...).     I found this cute soap idea over at The Idea Room and thought it fit really well with our host box.

What do you think?      Didn't it turn out cute?     For a full tutorial on how to make these visit here.






Project Cost:

1 Bottle of Soap  $10.00 (I made 10 bottles.)
Transparency of saying  $3.00 (you get four per transparency)
Ribbon  $1.00 (bought this in the dollar bin)
Ornaments  .50 (bought in after Christmas sales)
Total  $14.50

4 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Those came out really really cute! What a great idea, Deanna :)

Hope they have a great Disciple Now weekend :)

K Storm said...

Love that !! Email me with what I need to do to help with the food.

Dr. Wifey said...

those are just too cute! great job!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Those look great. Good job.