Thursday, March 4, 2010

Follow the Sun






Despite the winter cold, our cat has developed a very specific routine for enjoying as much sunshine as possible.       There are four large windows in our family room that allows in a great deal of light.   Early in the morning the sunshine comes in and shines closest to the piano.      That is where she starts her morning nap.    When the sun moves and she loses her warmth she will get up stretch and move over to find the warmth where the sun has settled on the rug.         Once again the sun will move and she will lazily stretch and find her spot stretched out along the edge of the couch.   

The last couple of days as I have watched Kit Kat in her sunshine routine, it has reminded me of the D.C. Talk song that the boys love so much.

"I want to be in the light.
As you are in the light.
I wanna shine like the stars in the heavens.
Oh, lord be my light and be my salvation
Cause all I want is to be in the light
All I want is to be in the light."

You know, I guess if God can use Balaam's donkey (Numbers 22) then He can use my cat to speak to me to this morning.

2 comments:

Dr. Wifey said...

i love how God speaks to us! :)

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

I've just been so glad to have this wonderful sunshine :) I love winter, but sometimes the grey days start to wear on me after a while. Even if its chilly out, I'd still rather have the sun :)