Friday, March 5, 2010

What Is A Typical Day Like?

Kelly's Korner made a challenge for bloggers to post a typical "day in the life".     I kind of laughed at the word "typical".      Does any mom have a typical day?

6:15   Alarm goes off for hubs -- the first time
7:00   Hubs wakes me up to let me know he is going to work
7:15   Get out the bed and start the coffee maker and kettle for hot water.     Do a quick check of my email.
7:30   Take hot chocolate to the boys.   Little Guy is in the living room and Big Guy is still asleep.
7:45   Convince boys to get their breakfast and morning routine done (dressed, beds, teeth, unload dishwasher, laundry, etc...)
8:30   Start homeschool with logic and Bible
9:15 - 10:15   Individual time with Little Guy
10:15 - 11:15  Individual time with Big Guy
11:15   Time for me to do housework, help boys with other school work or catch up on writing book reviews
12:15    Lunch
1:00   P.E.
2:00  A couple of afternoons of running out for P.E. class, sign language class, running to the grocery store, trips to the library, art class and volunteer service projects.
2:45   If we are home, friends from the neighborhood start coming over.    I can check my computer and post my blog at this point.
3:00     Try to get something accomplished in the housework department
4:30     Announce that Dad will be coming home soon so we can do the "Ten Minute Tidy".    This means cleaning up living room, kitchen and making sure all unnecessary lights are turned off (one of Dad's pet peeves).
***A couple of times of week we leave at this time for baseball practice, church or swim.
5:00     Start supper
6:30     Supper and family time
8:30     Family devotional and prayer time
9:00     Lights out for Little Guy/I take time to review our schedule for the next day as well as review our lesson plans.

10:00   Lights out for Big Guy

10:00   I go to bed so I can read.
10:30   Lights out for me!

Now that I look at that list I think, why aren't I getting  more done, but some days can get crazy which is why I probably look something like this when hubs gets home.    Attractive isn't it?

1 comment:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Love this little sneak peek into your daily life, always love these kind of posts! :)