Monday, December 14, 2009

Gloria!

It took my breath away. When I walked through the doors of the sanctuary yesterday morning, the presence of God was so strong... so electric... that it took my breath away. I felt my feet stutter in their steps and I searched our packed sanctuary for a place to sit. On the way down the steps to our seats, I passed our minister of music who was on his way up to talk to our sound team. I almost stopped him briefly to say, "Do you feel the electricity of God?" But I didn't. I didn't want him to think I was silly.

Under normal circumstances, sitting in a sanctuary that was as full as ours was yesterday would make me feel claustrophobic, but I was unaware of those around me. All I could think about was the blanket of God that seemed to settle down on me.

The orchestra began to play and I closed my eyes to just soak in His presence and allow myself to worship. All traces of makeup were washed away as I cried through the entire service.

I can only imagine the amount of work that went into preparing for yesterday's service. The hours of practice, prayer and work. All I know is that God was there and I was definitely standing on Holy Ground.

3 comments:

Dr. Wifey said...

sounds amazing!

K Storm said...

That has been the prayer the whole time...that others would know that it was all to glorify God.

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Sounds like a wonderful day of worship.