I'm it! Sara has tagged me, so here it goes. :)
Six Things You May Not Know About Me:
1) My ears were "virgin" until just last summer. When I was growing up I begged my Daddy to let me get my ears pierced, but he said I had enough holes in my head. Ha! As I grew older, I started wearing clip earrings and just lost interest. Last summer my Mom mentioned that she was thinking about getting her ears pierced and I said, "If you do it, I will." So one day we told my Dad that we were going to town and we just went and did it. He says that he will never trust us alone again! I'm glad I waited because it was so fun to do with my Mom.
2) One time when we went on vacation to the mountains, we stopped in this little souvenier shop. It was such a cool shop kind of built log cabin style. I fell in love with this little Indian girl with a baby on her back. I wanted it but Mom said no (probably because she had already bought me too much). My Daddy bought that little doll and gave it to me later. I still have that doll although the baby must have grown up and gone to college because I can't find it anywhere.
3) I play the piano. I played for that group that went to New Orleans to perform for the World's Fair and I used to play for church every Sunday. I love to play. Although I don't play as much as I used to, I have a piano in my living room and when no one is at home I love to sit down and just play and play and play.
4) I had more than one doctor tell me that I would NEVER, EVER get pregnant. Doctors may go to medical school, but they are not God -- the GREAT PHYSICIAN. Never trust a diagnosis until you get it from Him. And never, ever get in the way of a praying Mom. While we were in the seven year wait for our Big Guy, my Mom bought us a Noah's Ark nursery set as a "seed" gift. She did it as an act of faith. We were proud to bring both of our boys home to that nursery set and put them to sleep under that comforter that reminded us every night that "God always keeps his promises."
5) I am not a follower. If it is a BIG book, BIG speaker, BIG fad or BIG anything I will probably be skeptical of it. Rick Warren's book? Sorry. Threw it in the trash after the first chapter when he wrapped the Scriptures around his purpose. Joel Osteel? Sorry. Jesus did not come to preach a prosperity Gospel.
6) And finally, I have never watched the movie, Titanic. See? I told you I am not a BIG follower. Plus, I already knew how it was going to end.
We Can't Ignore...
1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules to your blog
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Officially we are supposed to tag six people, but I think everyone I know that blogs has been tagged so if you haven't let's hear from you!!