Carrie AND MS Mom tagged me and asked me to post six random things about myself. I can't even remember how Carrie and I ran into each other in this blogging world, but we have discovered that we could really be good friends. And not just good friends, but the kind of friends who could stir up a LOT of trouble together!! MS Mom is one of my favorite stops of my blogging day. She is funny, smart and amazingly witty.
1. I have jumped off an Olympic diving board. Our church's World Youth Congress was held on the grounds of Oaxtepec, Mexico which was the site of the 1968 Olympics. I still remember the stark fear I had standing up there and shaking trying to convince myself to jump off.
2. My husband asked me to stand on a couch for our first kiss. He is 6'5" and I am 5'2". We had been on a couple of dates and when he decided to kiss me he sort of leaned over and then backed up and said, "Would you mind standing on the couch?" (I tried not to jump up there too fast!) Oh, man, can he kiss!
3. I performed in the 1983 World's Fair in New Orleans. I was in a song and dance troupe with my high school and we were asked by the Governor to go and be a part of the entertainment for Mississippi week. It was so much fun missing school for a multi day "field trip", performing a couple times a day and then exploring the fair and the city the rest of the time.
4. Growing up I wanted to be a nurse. I volunteered as a candy striper at our local hospital. Two events made me realize I couldn't cut it: 1.) Fainting at blood and 2.) Doing service at the E.R. and seeing a gunshot victim and a car wreck victim. My heart couldn't take it.
5. Bridges and tunnels give me the creeps. I dread driving through Mobile just because I hate driving through that tunnel or over that long bridge... same thing with going to New Orleans. I am so paranoid I have window punches in my car.
6. Before I was born, my Grandmother wanted my parents to name me Opsie Lee. Thank GOODNESS my parents didn't listen to her!