Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Tradition Quiz

Wrapping paper or gift bags? I am a Sally Foster wrapping paper freak. They have the most beautiful papers you can find. However, I probably should use gift bags because I am the worst wrapper around which is why I buy the wrapping paper and hubs does the wrapping.

Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. I know some of you (Amusing) think this is a travesty, but I can't bring myself to spend money on a dying tree.

When do you put up the tree? The weekend after Thanksgiving

Do you like eggnog? No... but I have a recipe for mock eggnog that I will drink.

Favorite gift received as a child? raccoon radio

Hardest person to buy for? My Daddy. Every year he just says, "Buy me t-shirts and underwear." (He has been saying that since I was a little girl.)

Easiest person to buy for? No one. There is no easy gift. Are you kidding?

Do you have a nativity scene? Yes! Lots of them because I collect them.

Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail

Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I plead the 5th!

Favorite Christmas Movie? The Charlie Brown Christmas

When do you start Shopping? I shop all year long

Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? yes

Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? BBQ meatballs, Sweet Crispix mix and sausage balls

Lights on the tree? YES always!

Favorite Christmas songs? Mary Did You Know?



Travel at Christmas or stay home? travel

Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Maybe... if I sing the song.

Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither one... there is a big bow with a large ornament on top

Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? No cheating! Christmas morning

Favorite ornament theme or color? We don't have a theme, but we do try to buy a ornament every year that represents something special or unique to that year. For example: this year we will try to buy Little Guy a ornament that has something to do with swimming. For Big Guy, something to do with skateboarding.

What do you want for Christmas this year? First, I want Morgan and Kennedy to come home from the hospital so we can snuggle them around the Christmas tree. Second, I want my hubs to use some of his vacation time and to just have some family time at home.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

P.S. Your turn!!

P.S.S.    Check out today's recipe on my cooking blog.    It's Coca Cola Cake.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deanna, I am SHOCKED. I would have pegged you for a real tree person!

What is a raccoon radio?

My daddy always used to just want "dungarees, just dungarees".... How many pairs of jeans can a guy wear?

I have searched for a Nativity scene that speaks to me and can't find one. WHere's your fave place?

I sure hope you get your Christmas wish regarding Morgan and Kennedy. That would be a beautiful gift for your whole family but I would imagine your sister and BIL would be over the moon!

Very cool quiz!

Dr. Wifey said...

i had you pegged as a real tree kinda person too! LOL

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

I'm not a real person myself that is because I put of four tree's to five tree's each year. I love to decorate for Christmas, so to kill five tree's is not the environmental thing to do. I hate egg nog too... that is ick. My husband is the hardest to shop for. My kid's are the easiest b/c they want everything HA!

Gosh am I taking the quiz on your comment page .... sorry I'll stop b/c others need to comment...

Unknown said...

Fun list and I LOVE your song choice!!!

black betty said...

amen on the babes coming home. prayers ascending!!! xoxo

(((HUGS)))

From the Doghouse said...

Sing it, sing it!

You know Dasher and Dancer ...

K Storm said...

Now we know...I may do this later on...fun!

Carrie said...

What a great peek into your Christmas!

But not liking eggnog? WTH is up with that?? I am a total eggnog whore!!

Melissa B. said...

Real wrapping paper. Artificial tree. I'm a paradox...what can I say?

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Enjoyed reading your traditions list.