Wednesday, December 3, 2008

WFW: God Loves Me

Wifey has always picked on me that I don't have any photos of myself. I really hate photos of myself. I think that is how I developed my photography hobby. I just volunteered to take the photos all the time and it just developed into a passion.
Anyway, back to taking a photo of myself. I always see the kids on Facebook posting pics of themselves that they have obviously taken of themselves. I decided I would try it. I tried it with my Blackberry. I tried it with my camera. It was HYSTERICAL! I have shots of my hair. nose. chin. Even a lovely shot of my "girls" that I am sure my hubs would appreciate. I finally went in the bathroom and took this one in the mirror, but of course, that one has all this great glare.
Looking at that picture made me think, "God, I am so glad you love me no matter what I look like." It astounds me that you would send your Son to die for ME. Me? Really? I screw up. Big time. All the time. Usually at least once a day. There are moments when I wonder what in the world my hubs ever saw in me to begin with.
I am so glad that God gave us the verse to remind us:
"For God so loved [Deanna]
that He gave His only begotten Son that
whosoever believes in Him will not perish,
but have eternal life." John 3:16

P.S. One more reason I know God loves me? He blessed our family with beautiful, perfect, brand new nieces yesterday. Check out my previous post!!! *BIG smile!*

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so amazing to know that God loved us so much he sacrificed his only son for us. We are truly loved.

LauraLee Shaw said...

Beautiful! Happy WFW! Praising HIm with you for His LOVE and salvation!!!!

mayberry said...

Amen and AMEN to this post sister.

Dr. Wifey said...

Deanna, i have seen more pics of you in the past few weeks on facebook than EVER before! you are beautiful and should not be hesitant about having your picture taken!

From the Doghouse said...

And even in this picture we can see your light shining.

black betty said...

AMEN!!! you look beautiful. :)

Laurie Ann said...

Sounds like a lot of fun with the camera! Your beauty shines through in the mirror and in your heart. It's amazing to know that He died for us, isn't it? He loves us and delights in us - it boggles my mind! Happy WFW!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Beautiful picture and great thoughts. His love is amazing. Why would He choose to come here and suffer for me? I will never understand. Thanks for sharing!

Happy WFW!

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

Beautiful Women! Congrats Auntie!!! I know you are so proud! :)

K Storm said...

I am trying to get better about having my pic taken...

But you have the most beautiful smile...you should be in more pics.

Unknown said...

GOod words and a good reminder.

Supermom said...

awwwww you are so pretty!

Carrie said...

Just want to let you know, I am proud of your bravery! It isn't easy to step outside our comfort zone and do the things that make us uncomfortable. I say huzzah for showing us that gorgeous mug of yours!

And you ARE beautiful and worth every drop of blood shed for you!!

p.s. I screw up at least eleventy billion times a day...

Mimi said...

Wow your words said so much that I often feel.

Bessings to you on this WFW!

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful! Glare and all! And still loving the pics of those twins! So precious! And God is so good isn't he?!

Melissa B. said...

Great post, and I LOVE the snap! Listen, I have a challenge up at my place today, which you might get a kick out of. Enjoy!

Michele Williams said...

Great snap shot...I hate to get my picture taken too.....

His love is truly amazing!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Thanks for reminding us that, no matter how we may feel about ourself, God loves us. I hate pictures of myself, as well.

Amydeanne said...

i love how you personalized it, it means so much more that way, doesn't it??

and we love 3rd day in our house too!

AM said...

I understand....I can relate completely!