Friday, December 5, 2008

Reindeer Games - "TAG!"

Confessions tagged me for a Reindeer Game of "TAG!"

The rules:
Link to your tagger and list the rules
List 7 random facts about yourself
Tag 7 people (and make sure you check back and see what they say!)
If you're tagged, play along and pass it on...

1. I broke my thumb in the second grade while playing with my boy cousins. They were shooting the BB gun and it was one of the ones that you had to cock to shoot. I had to turn it upside down to cock it and didn't turn it over so when I pulled the trigger, it flew down and snapped my thumb in half. I didn't want my cousins to see me cry so I walked into my Mammaw's house to show my parents. My Daddy didn't think it was broke so we waited until the next morning when it was swollen HUGE to go to the ER. Definitely broke!
2. I collect nativities. I love them so much. I started collecting the Fontanini nativity series at first and then just started adding to that. The thing I love about Fontanini is that it won't break which means the boys can play with it and reenact the Christmas story to their hearts content. I love moving Mary, Joseph, the shepherds and wisemen through the house closer and closer to the manger.
3. Hubs and I spent our honeymoon on a bus with 43 teenagers for 13 days. Thirteen days: Jackson, Atlanta, Washington DC, New York City, Buffalo New York, Niagara Falls, Toronto Canada, Detroit, and home again. Let me tell you that the fact that our marriage survived that meant that we would survive ANYTHING! I vividly remember getting on my knees and begging hubs to fly me home. He said no and let's just say that it was cold in our newlywed apartment for the next couple of weeks.
4. I was in a song and dance troup called "Total Sound" when I was in high school. I played the piano for the group. If you live in Mississippi and are familiar with Clinton's Attache, we were similar to that.
5. I have a birthmark on one half of my body. It is very prominent on the right side of my face and neck. If you look you will notice that the right side of my body is completely covered with freckles... like a carpet of freckles. The left side.... not so much. In the summer, it really get prominent. When I was in high school, I would wear tons of makeup to try to cover it up, but now I don't really think about it.
6. I am allergic to poison ivy. When I was little I used to dread the first fire my Daddy would build because I was so allergic I could even get it from the vines burning off the firewood. I have had it everywhere on my body: eyes, ears, mouth, throat, EVERWHERE! If my Mom saw a spot she just took us for a shot because that was the only way to get rid of it. It was the only shot I was glad to get.
7. When I was little one of my favorite Christmas presents was a raccoon radio. It was a stuffed raccoon that had a radio in his belly. My sister had one too. We loved those crazy radios. I am not even sure if they got great reception, but they were the first music devices we ever owned.


I bestow the tag to: Amusing because she seriously needs to update her blog!!

7 comments:

Dr. Wifey said...

i did not even notice your birth mark when i met you last week! LOL

From the Doghouse said...

How did your thumb heal back? Any problems?

Unknown said...

That's a fun list!!!

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

Thanks for being a great player, and amusing needs to get on the ball.

Your honeymoon was outrages, but heck it made memories RIGHT?

Anonymous said...

I would have KILLED my husband if that was our honeymoon! Great list of things!

Aunt Julie said...

I've been looking for a Nativity scene. My SIL, Aunt Julie, has a lovely one that I covet. And she got it at a garage sale! Any suggestions on an acquisition this year?

amusing moments said...

well... aren't you supposed to at least TELL me that you tagged me!!! I just now saw it!! I will get right on that....