Monday, December 1, 2008

Meeting A Bloggy Friend

Wow! Is Thanksgiving break over already? I hope so because I just dropped Big Guy off at middle school. Both boys went back to school this morning in better moods than I expected. Little Guy woke up in a great mood, but he loves Monday at school since he has Pathways (gifted class) and art class after school. Big Guy wasn't doing cartwheels, but he was in a good mood. Maybe it was the fact that he has finished his projects that helped his attitude.

I am sitting here enjoying a cup of "Santa's Blend" coffee. It kind of seemed appropriate since we started Christmas decorating the house yesterday (more on that later).

Before I close out Thanksgiving I have to share one of the highlights of my Thanksgiving. It was getting to go Friday morning and meet Dr. Wifey. When I first started blogging I never realized that it would open the door to meet new friends. When Wifey told me she was coming home for Thanksgiving and asked if I wanted to meet, I didn't even hesitate, I said YES!

On the way to meet her I got caught up in traffic of a wreck which made me late which I hate. (Great, Deanna.) When I arrive, I found her in the children's department shopping with her Mom for books for her nephews. After looking for a few minutes, we go to the coffee shop. She insists on getting me a coffee and then I fail to thank her because I am enjoying chatting so much. (Great again, Deanna.) I so enjoyed chatting with Wife and her Mom. Wifey is just as sweet, friendly, and funny in person as she is on her blog. Now I really hope that she gets to move to Mississippi soon and next time I am buying the coffee!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Is it not AMAZING how we connect with people via this medium? If you had told me i was going to spend Thanksgiving with someone I met on a BLOG I would have laughed! But I ended up having one of the nicest thanksgivings ever!!!

I'm glad you had a good time!!

From the Doghouse said...

I'm glad y'all got a chance to meet! So, when are the rest of us getting together?

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

Wow I'm jealous that you got to meet Dr., but I' am glad that y'all had an amazing meeting. She is a lovely person, and so are you .... :)

oh and I hope you will share later on the Decor thing....

K Storm said...

Our daughter didn't want to get up today for school...I promised her that we would go to bed 1/2 hour earlier tonight to help her...maybe that will work.

I am so jealous that you got to meet Dr. Wifey...she seems so precious...I would love to meet some of these folks in bloggy-land.

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving. Also, good for you , for stepping out and meeting a bloggy friend. I think this blog world can be really a great thing. I am so happy I have made new friends, this past year. You are all incredible women!

Buckaroo Banzai said...

Awesome! Blogger Get-togethers are a blast! Glad you had fun!

Dr. Wifey said...

I am SO happy that I got to meet Deanna! she is sweet and funny - just like her blogs. my mom could even tell how wonderful a woman she was just from one meeting! no worries about being late or not saying thanks for the latte - i honestly did not even notice either!

Carrie said...

SO JEALOUS!! TURNING GREEN...

Two of my favorite bloggy buddies together! waaaaaa

My husband went to Alabama this week, but I couldn't talk him into taking me. He had too much stuff to try and fit me and the midget and the wieners in the truck with him. dumb...

Anonymous said...

Oh I bet you and Wifey had so much fun! I have yet to meet any bloggy friends but maybe someday!

Kayra said...

Just realized I had saved the wrong link to your blog, and didn't realized it had been updated. sorry :( I got the right link now, and linked to my blog so I don't misplace it.

Aunt Julie said...

What a fun, fun time you had! I've met some Bloggy Buddies who hail from my neck o' the woods, too...it really is a small world, made even smaller by Cyberspace. Hey, any chance of getting a photo or 2 of you posing in your Pop'rs Wear? If so, please send it to me at veggiemom@poprs.com - Thanks!

AM said...

Dr. Wifey rocks, huh...she does! I've met some pretty awesome people too. Hope to meet the rest of you soon!