Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Welcome to the World, Morgan & Kennedy!

Remember my last post when I told you in two weeks we were going to have twins. My phone rang at 2am with the news. "My water broke! We are going to the hospital!" Technically, this wasn't the plan since my sis was scheduled for a c-section.

However, they got her all settled in and stopped her contractions and at 9:01 and 9:02 these beautiful, gorgeous, precious, amazing, tiny little bundles of beauty were born.

This was our first glimpses of the girls. We barely got this picture before my Mom and my BIL's Mom nearly attacked him. I am telling you that if the nurses hadn't jumped in front of him and said, "Don't touch the babies!" those grandmas would have grabbed those girls and run out the front door of the hospital NO DOUBT!






May I introduce you to my nieces?

Laura Kennedy & Mary Morgan
Born 9:01 a.m. Born 9:02 a.m.
5 lbs 2 ounces and 3 lbs 11 ounces


I can see the fingerprints of God when I look at you.
And I know it's true you are a masterpiece that all creation quietly applauds.
And you're covered with the fingerprints of God!

Because of the fact that I don't want to forget this day and I am afraid once I go to asleep it will all disappear, here are a few of my favorite moments of the day...

* As soon as my sister and I walked in, my baby sister looked at us and said, "You two are on fashion patrol. People are going to be taking pictures after these girls are born. Don't you be letting me looking hideous! If that happens, I am going to blame you!"

* My poor BIL is like me. He is a planner. The fact that my sister had not even packed a bag for the hospital about gave him a stroke. After we realized that the weren't going to do her section until after 8:00, he tried to convince her that he had time to drive home and get the things that the should have brought with them. It was cracking me up, but I so understood.

* I took a picture of my sister when I first got to the hospital and she said, "I can't believe you just took that picture! If you dare post that on your blog I will take it down. You do know who I work for, right? I can do it." (And she can... she works in National Security. She can get rid of my blog at the click of a button so that picture will never be here!

* At 7:30, a precious newborn boy was brought down the hall to be introduced to his family. My sister and I peeked out the door to get a glimpse. We were ooohing and ahhhhing and walked back into the room to tell my sister and BIL. My BIL had a VERY straight face when he said, "Just keep that boy away from my girls!" bwahahahaha!

* Teasing my poor niece. She does not handle anything medical very well. She is literally the only person I know who can nearly pass out having their blood pressure taken. Mention the word "blood" and she will GAG.

* Getting to see the look on my Little Guy's face when he saw those little girls for the first time. He was in awe.

* My phone rang just as my BIL was about to come down the hallway with the girls. It was my dentist office telling about my appointment with Suzanne. I was so excited I just yelled, "I'm not coming! The twins are here! Bye!" (I called them back. Explained and apologized! Later!)

(When I wake up in the morning I have no idea what this will say. I haven't had any measurable sleep since Sunday night. I am going to go crash and when I wake up I am going to go stare at Morgan and sit at my sister's bedside and BEG to hold Kennedy!)

14 comments:

Carrie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! What little beauties!! They're so little bitty!!

I love your post and I'm glad you wrote it all down before you forgot.

I'm going to crash now too!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Congrats, speaking as a twin, it is a great life. They will always be best friends! What a blessing!

Anonymous said...

OHHH how exciting! Congrats! They look adorable! :) :) :) :) SO happy for you and your sister!

HEATHER said...

OH HOW SWEET!!!
Congrats!
This is so AWESOME!!
Babies are such a blessing!
I know your family is over the moon! God bless these precious baby girls!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Deanna, what beautiful blessings! There is no way, in my opinion, to look at beautiful babies and fail to realize that God is magnificent!

So how are they? They're a bit early, are they both okay?

So SMART of you to go ahead and write down your impressions of the day; it will stay with you forever that way!!

Welcome to the world, Morgan and Kennedy! You just made the world a much better place and you made Christmas for your family all the merrier!

Patrice and Higgins said...

Congrats, so beautiful!!

Wilson said...

Congrats, Aunt Deanna! They are so precious and I am so glad that they made it safely into the world. Taylor was hilarious yesterday! Even last night, he was still a nervous wreck at not being in control. HA!

Live.Love.Eat said...

They're beautiful. Congratulations!!!!!!!

mayberry said...

So so SO exciting! Congratulations! Glad they're here safe and sound!

Dr. Wifey said...

Congrats on the beautiful nieces! i love their names :)

From the Doghouse said...

You know, she won't be back at work for at least six weeks, so you could post the picture for a while ...

Unknown said...

HOW precious!!!! They are just so sweet. Looks like little Kennedy was a little piggy in her mommy taking some of Morgan's food! Oh, well...they'll both be wonderful! I know that you are going to be such a fantastic aunt!

AM said...

They're precious! Congrats, Krisa!

Buckaroo Banzai said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!