Wednesday, December 10, 2008

WFW: Works of God... On Loan from God

"I will put my trust in Him. I and my children whom God has given me."
Hebrews 2:13

I never fail to be amazed. God creates perfect tiny beautiful little babies and then trusts us to raise them. These beautiful babies in this picture are my one week old twin nieces. They arrived a little early so they are still in the NICU. They are wonderfully perfect and just need to gain some weight and be able to maintain their body temperature. Since they arrived I have been reminded of one of the Scriptures that I claimed when my Big Guy was born.

"I will put my trust in Him." Those days of being a new mom. You are tired and trying to take care of a new baby. You are learning to communicate with each other. Every family member, friend and stranger has advice for you and all of it conflicts. I just decided I would cling to this simple verse before I fell into a clump of emotional weepiness.

As I look back on what the last eleven years with Big Guy and seven years with Little Guy has held, I know that this verse has brought us all through some amazingly tough times.

Welcome to our family, Morgan and Kennedy. We have loved you before we even knew you, but no matter how much we love you always remember this... God loves you more!

23 comments:

AM said...

they're beautiful!!! Aww...now I can't wait.

Anonymous said...

Deanna, those babies are simply BEAUTIFUL. GORGEOUS. ADORABLE. And I love the verse you chose. It fits so perfectly!

Unknown said...

What beautiful little girls!! There is such promise in a new-born baby!

Susan said...

Oh my, how SPECIAL!!

They are just precious.

Congrats.

Great verse too.

Blessings♥

Kayra said...

Oh, they are so adorable! I remember the days when my twins were in born. They were born at 34wks and like your nieces, had to stay until they started eating and gaining weight. They are so sweet, and double the blessing, that's for sure

Dr. Wifey said...

Oh.My.Gosh! they are gorgeous! do yall know when they will get to go home?

Laurie Ann said...

They're beautiful! Praying they are out of NICU and at home with their parents soon. I love the Scripture you shared and the post to go with it. My bonus daughter is running on near-empty right now, she's so worn down (preemie2 month old who just got regulated on the right formula). I can't wait to share this with her. Happy WFW!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful truth that I still cling to for my 20 something year olds!!
:0)

black betty said...

beautiful. they are absolutely beautiful.

thanks for this post today. i needed it. i'm putting my trust over right now...

K Storm said...

That is a great scripture and application...thanks

Wilson said...

Now my mascara is running down my face at work! :) Very touching!

Carrie said...

They are so precious! And such a reminder of God's miracles! I thank God every day that I am entrusted with the duty of raising His child!

Anonymous said...

SO beautiful! Can't wait to see all the pictures to come!

Denise said...

Such a peaceful picture and verse.

Sharon said...

I was amazed at the peace in there faces, absolutely beautiful. And the verse, just perfect!
What a AWESOME God huh!
Thanks for sharing
Blessings to you
Sharon

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Oh my word they are just the most precious little things.

Leaon Mary said...

What beautiful babies!!
Perfect, VERSE TOO! God's been telling me to just TRUST Him too lately!!!
Have a great night... oh and wanted to tell you I enjoyed reading about FATHER CHRISTMAS. Thanks for sharing that!!!
Lea

Taylor & Krisa said...

I really needed this verse today...my challenges making decisions as a new Mom have already come!

Amydeanne said...

awww this is so sweet Deanna! thanks so much for posting this today!

HEATHER said...

OH Deanna, they are SO PRECIOUS!!
Such a blessing.

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

they are beautiful!!! of course you already know that Auntie! And God is amazing for giving us such precious little gifts... truly a blessing :)

Buckaroo Banzai said...

Simply beautiful. Congratulations!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

So precious!