Monday, December 29, 2008

Holiday Hangover

I don't know about you, but I am still picking up wrapping paper and finding random boxes and bows under chairs. Even so, Christmas week seemed to just fly by! I hate, hate, hate shopping after Thanksgiving and I did more of it this year than ever before. It kind of saps the spirit out of me when I have to shop after Thanksgiving. It makes me feel really bad for people who have to work retail.

Some of our highlights:
* My sweet niece, Jo, came over to stay with the guys while I went out one day and they had the best time baking and decorating cookies.

* The boys were so excited about Christmas morning that that Little Guy came and got in the bed with us at 3:00 a.m. I asked him to try to go back to sleep, but he wormed and squirmed and there was really no sleep to be had. When he saw Big Guy turn on the living room light at 5:00 a.m., he was out of our bed like Dash (from the Incredibles movie). Christmas morning had started!

* Little Guy was beyond thrilled with receiving his telescope although he has been frustrated with the clouds in the sky since then.

* My guys are just like every kid. They are complete opposites. We were sitting around talking about the presents and Little Guy said, "This present will help me with my hand/eye coordination. This present will help me with my science class. This present will help me with my hand dexterity." Big Guy grinned and took one look at his Guitar Hero and said, "This gift will help me become a ROCK STAR!" Ha! Ha!

* When I was opening my presents, I had a package in my hand and Little Guy moved behind a chair and covered his ears. I asked what as wrong and he said, "Nothing, Mom, I just know when you open that package you are going to scream!" I couldn't scream because I almost cried. They bought me the Willow Tree nativity set to add to my collection. I love it!

* Late last Monday night hubs was cruising channels and couldn't find anything to watch on television so Tuesday morning I went and rented the first season of the series "24". We have never watched it, my sister and BIL love it. On Tuesday night we stayed up until 2:00 in the morning watching the first DVD. Tonight we will watch the last episodes of the first season. We are soooo hooked!

Lowlight of the holiday..
* On Christmas Eve, I was trying to do a few things on my computer when all of a sudden I got the blue screen of death! I packed up my computer and took it to my computer guy. I barely got it to him before he closed for the holidays. Now I am without a computer until after he gets back January 5th. And even then we will have to see how long it takes him to repair it. So for now I will be making updates and checking blogs as I have a chance to have access to hubs' computer.

7 comments:

black betty said...

i feel the same way about shopping after thanksgiving. glad you had a great holiday! xoxo

Dr. Wifey said...

sounds like you had a great Christmas! i got my nephew a telescope, maybe the clouds will depart soon, sorry about your computer, hope you get it back soon :)

Anonymous said...

Other than the computer fiasco it sounds like you had a WONDERFUL Christmas! And you deserve it! I hope you have a lovely New Year!

Buckaroo Banzai said...

My internet has been up and down since Christmas Eve. I never noticed how hooked I was until I was without. :)

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm sorry about the computer part but the rest of the holiday sounds beautiful -- your kids really know you, don't they?

I'm so glad it was a beautiful holiday.

So, I've never watched 24 and now I"m tempted....

Supermom said...

That's so sweet about the nativity set!

Sandi said...

Sorry to hear about your computer ... hope everything is back to normal soon!