Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Can't Catch Us! We're The Gingerbread People!

When the holidays start to arrive, the boys start talking about the things that we "always" do... as in traditions.
With twin nieces about to arrive in three short weeks and a niece who is a junior in high school and a very hectic schedule, I decided to do one of our traditions a little early.      The kids love to be together so my sister and I established traditions early that allowed that to happen.     She has the kids over to decorate and bake sugar cookies and I have the kids over to build and decorate gingerbread houses.     Both traditions involve things the kids love.     Lots of laughing, giggling, candy and each other!

Last night everybody came over and we started by building our houses...

While the icing had a chance to dry and "set", we all went to eat a supper of ham and cheese quiche and cheesy chicken and corn casserole.     I am not sure when the kids have eaten so fast.
Jo, my niece and I, grabbed all the candy and put it on the table so that the kids could started creating their masterpieces.
The rules with these houses is anything goes.    Everyone has their own house and they get to build it however they want to.     Just have fun!
Oh, yea!   I think we accomplished our goal.    And all of us agreed.   Next year is going to be even more fun because we will have one year old twins digging into all the icing and candy.   Talk about lots of giggling and laughing!     Can't wait!    This is why I love traditions so much!

12 comments:

Dr. Wifey said...

um, can i join your family? LOL

Wilson said...

So cute! They did a great job. Jo makes me feel so old...I remember when she was a baby and now she's so grown up!

Buzzard Roost Babe said...

Sounds like fun to me!! Laughing, sharing, talking , smiling , building , etc ! Keep the tradition alive !! Happy Thanksgiving !

Unknown said...

Those are GREAT!!! Good job and lovely that you did it before the season gets TOO crazy!!!

mayberry said...

Awww! I wanna come play!

K Storm said...

My kids can't wait to do that again this year...we had so much fun last year building a gingerbread house. Those look great!!

black betty said...

those are awesome, but i didn't get an invite... (hanging head in sadness)... j/k

happy thanksgiving, sweets!!!

Sharon said...

Hey don't put the stuff away I'll be right over, Wow look at those great smiles and how much fun they had doing this. And those house's are great!!!!!! I am coming next year! :)

Have a Blessed day and a wonderful Thanksgiving
and thanks for sharing this joyful occasion

Carrie said...

I LOVE making gingerbread houses! And that looked like so much fun! I want to make one now, but I don't have an excuse to because the midget's too little. I think I'll make one anyway! " )

Felicity said...

That looks like so much fun!

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

very cute, great job guys

From the Doghouse said...

Awesome!

And I second Dr. Wifey's comment.